Stephenville, TX via Dad airlines

saladman

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
saladman
finally got my five year old interested in flying, so I took him to Texas on a time building mission, and a short trip for BBQ in Stephenville.

He came home telling his mother that "Texas is more fun than Disneyland."

We made a silly little video as part of the day.

what, no salad?

31 days to go until WHAT??!!?? the suspense is KEEELLING MEEEEEEEEE

Well, if you really want to know what the countdown was for, it's all revealed right here.

(Spoiler alert) it's my new navigator.

Very nice... but flying out of an uncontrolled airport in a piston single with no chute? Do you let the kid play on the freeway too? ;)

It is hard to tell emotional intent when people are typing and not speaking, but I sincerely hope that you are kidding with this. So according to you, no chute, no family? As I type this I am increasingly certain that you are kidding. Ok. Whew, I feel better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nice... but flying out of an uncontrolled airport in a piston single with no chute? Do you let the kid play on the freeway too? ;)
^^^^^^
It is hard to tell emotional intent when people are typing and not speaking, but I sincerely hope that you are kidding with this. So according to you, no chute, no family? As I type this I am increasingly certain that you are kidding. Ok. Whew, I feel better.

He is ... see the emoji? That's a "smile and a wink" and not constipation:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::p:p:p

See I threw some extra's in there for you

I haven't been to Hard 8 since October 2013..um..I need to remedy that. Suppose to fly in for a cowboy preseason game this year. When I do Im hitting up Hard 8!

Good video!

I haven't been to Hard 8 since October 2013..um..I need to remedy that. Suppose to fly in for a cowboy preseason game this year. When I do Im hitting up Hard 8!
And Beth Marie's

Fun video, but I'm confused. You flew "to Texas". But came out of Hicks?

Gotta say, though, on a weekend, that's a helluva gastro tour. The Beacon for breakfast and then Hard 8 for lunch, then not eat for 2 weeks.

I'll take that Rollins thing as a compliment. And I'll go work out some more. :).

Fun video, but I'm confused. You flew "to Texas". But came out of Hicks?

Gotta say, though, on a weekend, that's a helluva gastro tour. The Beacon for breakfast and then Hard 8 for lunch, then not eat for 2 weeks.

Sorry - to clarify - we are based out of Seattle. The plane currently lives at Hicks, so we fly down to see friends, stay with them, and do local Texas tours in better weather. (So yes, there's a lot of flying on dads airplane weeks.)

You guys can't post a video of a BBQ joint like that and not expect a fella to get hungry and crave dead animals.
You guys ... you're just ... well ... a-holes. :(

Only one way to remedy the situation and dig yourself out of the hole: Hard-8 Fly-In. Or else!

Gonna head to KSEP and the Hard8 mother ship Sunday. Anyone want to link up?

We've got a family of four crashing at our place for a bit otherwise I would join ya.

Going to Hard8 for an early lunch tomorrow to beat the rush hopefully. Anyone else going?

Going to Hard8 for an early lunch tomorrow to beat the rush hopefully. Anyone else going?
Would love to. But my need to remain gainfully employed trumps playing hookie and flying the airplane.

A reminder to you that on Saturday, my owners club, Metro Flyers, is hosting a burger feed and Winter Flying safety seminar featuring Pat Brown from AOPA. Starts at 11:15 am at the DTO terminal building.

@Ravioli @SixPapaCharlie

A reminder to you that on Saturday, my owners club, Metro Flyers, is hosting a burger feed and Winter Flying safety seminar featuring Pat Brown from AOPA. Starts at 11:15 am at the DTO terminal building.
Mike, is this open to non-Dallas pilots as well? Us folks from Nuevo Kalyfornya Hippie Town (formerly known as Austin) would love to attend a safety seminar with burgers, especially if featuring Pat.

Mike, is this open to non-Dallas pilots as well? Us folks from Nuevo Kalyfornya Hippie Town (formerly known as Austin) would love to attend a safety seminar with burgers, especially if featuring Pat.
You and and any one else who wants to attend are very much invited.

Would love to. But my need to remain gainfully employed trumps playing hookie and flying the airplane.

@Ravioli @SixPapaCharlie

Thanks for the invite Mike! Unfortunately I am flying on Friday because we have family coming in for the long weekend and I wont be able to make it out. Maybe another time we can go fly. I am class of '03 by the way, Gig'em.

You and and any one else who wants to attend are very much invited.
Thank you, sir. But as you probably already figured out, we didn't make it. No available airplanes or pilots this past weekend. Weather was awesome and I was itching to fly but we just could not find any tin can to fire up and fly in. Maybe next time!

Thank you, sir. But as you probably already figured out, we didn't make it. No available airplanes or pilots this past weekend. Weather was awesome and I was itching to fly but we just could not find any tin can to fire up and fly in. Maybe next time!
Event was well attended. And Pat Brown from AOPA did a really good program.

Back