Steingar saves the day!

steingar

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
steingar
I was cooking up some vegetarian curry last night for dinner, and was going to base it off some curry sauce I made up last month. The stuff I made was really mild, so to give it some zip I threw in a peck of pickled peppers (really!) and some extra marsala into the vegetables on the saute. When I went to add the curry sauce discovered the whole lot had gone bad. No big deal, I didn't like it anyway. But what to do with my veggies? The main ingredient was no longer available!

The veggies (new potatoes and carrots) were way too hot and had too much curry spice on them to eat. Getting creative, a little wine, a bit of yogurt, some tomato paste and a few other things later I had one of the best dishes I've made yet. so I thought I'd brag a little.

I use yogurt for sauces like that a lot. It does work great but do make sure you temper the yogurt a bit otherwise it can curdle. Also try some Greek yogurt, really smooth and creamy, almost like sour cream.

I make an onion, chickpea, cauliflower dish with marsala and yogurt that is really very good.

Last edited:
Back