Steingar flies the Wyoming Valley

Gary

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Gary
After some pretty severe winds yesterday, things calmed down and it turned out to be a great day in SE PA. Our own Steingar was a surprise visitor and was able to join the Quakertown Pilots Association for a Sunday breakfast run. 30 kt headwinds going north, but a pretty smooth ride at 4500'. Good turnout, 7 planes, 18 people. The usual good breakfast and great fun.

Nice to meet another POA'er and enjoy some flight time and airplane stories.

Gary

Attachments

• Departure Line.JPG
    Departure Line.JPG
    369.6 KB · Views: 30
  • QPA wing at WBW.JPG
    QPA wing at WBW.JPG
    452.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Adamz and Steingar.JPG
    Adamz and Steingar.JPG
    468.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Steingar's Ride Home.JPG
    Steingar's Ride Home.JPG
    504.2 KB · Views: 31
A very fun mini-fly in and a good group of pilots. I had to travel to Philadelphia to review some grants for the American Heart Association, and decided to combine it with a trip to Blue Bell to see my big sister. At the last minute it dawned on me to contact Adam Zucker, who I knew lived nearby. He got right back to me (as I was waiting on the jet to take off!) and invited me along. I had met a couple of the Quakertown crew (indeed was done a hugely good turn by them at Osh) and was happy to reacquaint myself. I was right at home in Gary's Cherokee, which is very similar to the Free Bird, and got to fly back in the Mooney that appears in the photographs. First flight in a Mooney, and first flight ever in the back seat of any GA aircraft. Had a really, really nice time all around and I certainly hope to make it back this way soon. Great bunch of guys!

It was a lot of fun and glad I got the chance to know Michael a bit on the ride to and from UKT. Hopeing he'll make it back for the FlyBQ. Gary's Cherokee saw 136Kts over the ground on the way home.

Looks like KWBW Wilkes-Barre Wyoming Valley..... and great wx!!

Duh...just read the title of the post:crazy:

Where did you all go to eat? It's either walk across the street or rent a car every time we stop.

Last edited:
Had a nice vegetarian breakfast (except for the egg!). Mmmmmm. More than I could put in my tiny (but rapidly expanding stomach). Definitely something to recommend to those in the area.

These trips look like a lot of fun. I'm going to try and join you guys in the beginning of May.

Back