STEC 60-2 Audio?

455 Bravo Uniform

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
455 Bravo Uniform
I’m out of town for a few days and don’t have access to my docs. Is there an audio output for this autopilot?

I had my electric trim turned off and the AP was requesting trim by flashing the UP or DWN button, with a high frequency beeping that was barely audible over engine noise.

I am wondering if there is a way to add annunciation to my audio panel? Is the AP wired to do so?

I’m out of town for a few days and don’t have access to my docs. Is there an audio output for this autopilot?

I had my electric trim turned off and the AP was requesting trim by flashing the UP or DWN button, with a high frequency beeping that was barely audible over engine noise.

I am wondering if there is a way to add annunciation to my audio panel? Is the AP wired to do so?
Mine does this but it is so loud thru the headsets! I hate it cause it scares the non pilots...I hope there is a way to control it.

Paul

Mine does this but it is so loud thru the headsets! I hate it cause it scares the non pilots...I hope there is a way to control it.

Paul

Are you saying that you hear it inside your headset, or that you hear it despite your headset?

I didn’t have an installation or wiring diagram at home. So the question remains. I’ll reach out to the avionics shop Monday if I don’t hear anything here.

I have the same issue with my Stec 60-2 - Aspen - PS 8000B.

I contacted the shop that did the initial install of the above noted equipment back in 2013 and they indeed confirmed that everything is connected to the 8000B. I should be hearing the tones. I still don't hear a darn thing. Very frustrating!

Edit to add I purchased the plane in April 2019

Confirmed from my avionics shop this morning: STEC 60-2 does NOT have audio-out capability.

Back