Stealth & Raptor

I took this one at Lunken Airport. Can`t hardly tell if I was looking up or looking down.

stealth2.JPG

Linda,

One of the last times I saw a Stealth like that was from the sunroof of my benz as I was headed down Highway 14 towards Lancaster. It had just departed Edwards along with two chase planes. I 'followed' it for about 5 miles, until a Chippie pulled me over for doing 115+ in a 65 zone. He didn't buy my story about watching the plane. gave me a ticket anyways......

Dee

Did you take the picture that you are using for the avator? It looks like a sun glory. I have only seen one, that was on a commerical flight. They really are neat.

ladyaviator said:
Dee

Did you take the picture that you are using for the avator? It looks like a sun glory. I have only seen one, that was on a commerical flight. They really are neat.

Yup. I took that from the right seat of the Stinson (window open) about 3 years ago. Taken over the east slope of the Cascade mountains. It was BEAUTIFUL. I couldn't catch that in the photo. Did the best I could, though! I had Pete flying back and forth in front of the cloud until almost sunset, trying to get as many photos as I could. This one turned out best. Funny how the camera doesn't catch what the eyes do. :)

Dee

Back