Steal a Kitfox floatplane (OSH Grand Champion)

Oops, I didn't read the engine specs, just saw the cowling and assumed... you know what that makes me. :blush:

I'm probably being a hard case for mentioning it. Seems like a really good deal, though I myself would be very cagey about that Subaru engine. A lot of auto engine conversions meet a bad end.

Yeah, I don't think it's worth as much with the Subaru, either.... totally missed that when reading the ad; I guess I was enamored by the floats!

I'm probably being a hard case for mentioning it. Seems like a really good deal, though I myself would be very cagey about that Subaru engine. A lot of auto engine conversions meet a bad end.
I agree with you in most cases. However if someone like Ben out of Wyoming did the conversion, I'd give it a good hard look.

Stay away from a Subaru on an airplane. Two of my good friends lost thousands of $$$ and still ended up pulling them and replaced with other engine. Lost most of their investment when they sold the Subarus. BEWARE, TALK TO UNBIASED OWNERS.

Back