Status of Epic aircraft

Capt.Crash'n'Burn

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Capt.Crash'n'Burn
I've been thinking of moving to the Bend Oregon area for quite some time now. Looking at the job postings on craigslist, I noticed several job positions being offered by Epic Aircraft. The last I heard was that they weren't very financially stable but given the rate at which they seem to be hiring, they seem have plenty of money for payroll (I hope).

Has anyone here been following them and know anything about how solid they are as a company??

I have nothing to add on Epic, but I was in Bend last week. My In-Laws live in Medford and we went thru Bend to check it out for possible future consideration. Really liked the area and seemed like my kinda town. Good luck!

I've been thinking of moving to the Bend Oregon area for quite some time now. Looking at the job postings on craigslist, I noticed several job positions being offered by Epic Aircraft. The last I heard was that they weren't very financially stable but given the rate at which they seem to be hiring, they seem have plenty of money for payroll (I hope).

Has anyone here been following them and know anything about how solid they are as a company??

I'm going to apply shortly for a mechanical engineering internship they have for next summer.

Hopefully It'll be available still, and hopefully I meet the qualifications. That would be a dream job to me.

Epic went through a nasty bankruptcy 2-3 years ago, several owners bought the assets and it has since been invested in by a Russian aerospace company, an MRO I think but don't remember.

They maintain that they are still wanting to certify the E-1000 late this year (former Epic LT experimental with some changes). I am not aware of how well they are progressing towards this goal, they were not in flight test last I knew (2-3 months ago) and a typical certification flight test program takes about 14 months (from receipt of TIA) so there are probably some disconnects on schedule.

I flew the LT when consulting for a client of mine, damn impressive plane, previous management was corrupt (as in guy-is-in-jail-right-now corrupt).

The engineers and manufacturing personnel on-site when I was involved on my client's behalf ('08-10) were all top notch but I don't know how many really stayed through/after the BK.

I hope it does well but with Alan Klapmeier working the Kestrel which is very related (like lawsuit-over-who-owned-the-outer-mold-lines related - since settled I believe) it could be a real fight in the marketplace.

'Gimp

I have been looking at the epic for few years. I met one of the new owners at sun n fun this year. Sounds like the company is on great footing. Thinking they had 10 more experimental to build on the line and then plan is to build certified. As far as getting certification I'm sure deep pockets can ease the job. I'd love to get one myself. And may.

Bend is such a cool place! Great skiing right down the road at Mt. Bachelor.

I have nothing to add on Epic, but I was in Bend last week. My In-Laws live in Medford and we went thru Bend to check it out for possible future consideration. Really liked the area and seemed like my kinda town. Good luck!

The one thing you have to get used to is cold nights year round. It can drop below freezing at night in the middle of June. :hairraise::hairraise:

I'm going to apply shortly for a mechanical engineering internship they have for next summer.

Hopefully It'll be available still, and hopefully I meet the qualifications. That would be a dream job to me.

Well, if i get hired I'll see you there. :cheerswine:

Epic went through a nasty bankruptcy 2-3 years ago, several owners bought the assets and it has since been invested in by a Russian aerospace company, an MRO I think but don't remember.

They maintain that they are still wanting to certify the E-1000 late this year (former Epic LT experimental with some changes). I am not aware of how well they are progressing towards this goal, they were not in flight test last I knew (2-3 months ago) and a typical certification flight test program takes about 14 months (from receipt of TIA) so there are probably some disconnects on schedule.

I flew the LT when consulting for a client of mine, damn impressive plane, previous management was corrupt (as in guy-is-in-jail-right-now corrupt).

The engineers and manufacturing personnel on-site when I was involved on my client's behalf ('08-10) were all top notch but I don't know how many really stayed through/after the BK.

I hope it does well but with Alan Klapmeier working the Kestrel which is very related (like lawsuit-over-who-owned-the-outer-mold-lines related - since settled I believe) it could be a real fight in the marketplace.

'Gimp

Well, it sounds like they should be stable for the next few years so I think I'll pursue a job position there.

If that fails, I can always go to work for Nosler.

I have been looking at the epic for few years. I met one of the new owners at sun n fun this year. Sounds like the company is on great footing. Thinking they had 10 more experimental to build on the line and then plan is to build certified. As far as getting certification I'm sure deep pockets can ease the job. I'd love to get one myself. And may.

Are you sure you want to buy a plane that i built?? :D

Hmmm, Nosler is in Bend? Wonder if they need a test shooter or something

Hmmm, Nosler is in Bend? Wonder if they need a test shooter or something

I applied for Nosler and found that the company is not a very pleasant place to work. They even discourage employees from seeing each other outside of work. If you look at Craigslist, you will notice that they are almost constantly hiring.

Back