static wick

blueskyMD

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bigfoot297
the one at the rear edge of rudder has missing element inside the empty socket which is fastened to the rudder surface. can I replace just the element or wire inside the socket or I need to buy the whole assembly?

Last edited:
the one at the rear edge of radar has missing element inside the empty socket which is fastened to the rudder surface. can I replace just the element or wire inside the socket or I need to buy the whole assembly?
Plastic with needles or the floppy kind? The plastic ones are held in with a set screw. It helps a great deal if you mention the airplane it's attached to.

You can make one from a cut-off sewing needle, a 470k ohm carbon resistor, and a crimp terminal for less than a dime if you wish and it will work every bit as well as the store-boughten one.

Jim

You can make one from a cut-off sewing needle, a 470k ohm carbon resistor, and a crimp terminal for less than a dime if you wish and it will work every bit as well as the store-boughten one.

Jim
Man, you are a hardcore homebuilder. What do you fly?

Jim

Given what they do, given what they are, and given what they charge for those little suckers, this sounds like a hell of an idea!

Given what they do, given what they are, and given what they charge for those little suckers, this sounds like a hell of an idea!
Yeah too bad it'll be a discrepancy next annual. And if it were me you'd get the markup on the parts the other cheapskate is crying about.

Back