Starting to plan the flight.

I am still deciding between C172 and a 1500cc Vulcan. I fly like Jesse around here. Just point it around 080 from here and let her rip. I grew up flying around these parts. I have a map but no need. Follow hwy 412 to chicken town, then the lake east until you run into Flippin and 3M0. Its either a 1.6 hrs in the chicken hawk or about 5hrs on the Vulcan. uuuuhhmmmm.

I am still deciding between C172 and a 1500cc Vulcan. I fly like Jesse around here. Just point it around 080 from here and let her rip. I grew up flying around these parts. I have a map but no need. Follow hwy 412 to chicken town, then the lake east until you run into Flippin and 3M0. Its either a 1.6 hrs in the chicken hawk or about 5hrs on the Vulcan. uuuuhhmmmm.
Couple of questions...what is a Vulcan and which one is chicken town?

Anyway, I'm glad you're going to join us. :yes:

That would be a motor bike and the headquarters of Tyson Foods, I believe.

Couple of questions...what is a Vulcan and which one is chicken town?

Anyway, I'm glad you're going to join us. :yes:

Plan: Leave central Texas, assess the Pax's bladders regularly, land if necessary short of 3mo, or, land at 3mo!

Should be 4 hrs without wind; but Chel says I get tailwinds more often than anybody. Last year I got tail winds going to and going from!

Come on, Missa. Stop sitting on the fence! Are you going? Aren't you going? Inquiring minds want to know!:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Here's our planned route, plotted on runwayfinder.com. Should be a fun trip, especially since we'll be navigating by dead reckoning and pilotage the whole 933 nautical miles.

It's a good thing you can't see me right now...I have magenta line fever.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Gastons Trip.jpg
    Gastons Trip.jpg
    806.5 KB · Views: 53
Jason -
If you have time for a stop, make it Owensboro and get a ride to Moonlite BBQ. Great trough to sit and graze if w/b isn't a consideration :)

Last edited:
Come on, Missa. Stop sitting on the fence! Are you going? Aren't you going? Inquiring minds want to know!:blueplane:
ApacheBob

We'll be seeing Missa this weekend at the air races, so we'll work on her then, but don't tell her I said that. :rolleyes:

It all depends on the next two weeks... after camping this weekend, Red Bull next, I really don't know if I'll be burnt out and just want to stay home with Shane. I miss Shane already.

Missa

If you don't see me in winsor you probally will not be getting in since I have your ticket. :goofy:
So you wound up getting tickets in Windsor too? We got section 6, since we're more interested in the flying portion of it than the start/finish.

So you wound up getting tickets in Windsor too? We got section 6, since we're more interested in the flying portion of it than the start/finish.

Yep, section 6 as well. I bought so many tickets that my CC company thought something strange was up and the fraud dept called me up. Nope that was me, it's my red bull tix.

So, think you might want to give me a ride so ma won't be so grumpy that I took her car (not that it will even leave the driveway if I don't take it).

Missa

Should we offer Dave a ride too? Or should we make him go watch Razor run in the ACS race for a ride?

Dave will have more up to date info on the roads as he's still a local and I'm just visiting. ; ) Ma would probally drop me off and pick me up at the hotel so we could all just meet there. No reason to take lots of cars over.

Not sure if I've give you my number before... but I'll PM you.

Missa

Should we offer Dave a ride too? Or should we make him go watch Razor run in the ACS race for a ride?

Dave will have more up to date info on the roads as he's still a local and I'm just visiting. ; ) Ma would probally drop me off and pick me up at the hotel so we could all just meet there. No reason to take lots of cars over.

Not sure if I've give you my number before... but I'll PM you.

Missa
Yeah, let's do Dave2!:rolleyes: We'll bring the 496 so we can navigate!:rofl: We can do dinner at the hotel on Saturday. Sunday, Leslie and I have a flight out at 7:00 PM, so we may need to bug out a little early.

Anyone else going to be there? We can plan a PoA get-together at the Marriott Livonia Saturday evening!

Edit: Oops, I just realized that this isn't the Red Bull thread! Well I guess it is now. Sorry!:redface:

That would be a motor bike and the headquarters of Tyson Foods, I believe.

Steve is correct. The Vulcan is a motorcycle. Chickentown is Springdale. You cant miss it. :) Friend of mine is wanting to go in his cub. Man, I dont know. That's a long slow way in a cub! I think it would be faster on the bike. ;) I would probably fall asleep and fling myself out of the door.

Last edited:
:redface::redface::redface::redface: 5M0, 3MO, 3M0, we're all friends, right?:rofl:

Looks like Grant is using the Monty Python identifier for Gaston's! :)

"Thou shalt throw thine holy hand grenade on the count of three."

"Okay... one, two, five!"

"Three, sire"

"Three!"

Yeah, let's do Dave2!:rolleyes: We'll bring the 496 so we can navigate!:rofl: We can do dinner at the hotel on Saturday. Sunday, Leslie and I have a flight out at 7:00 PM, so we may need to bug out a little early.

Anyone else going to be there? We can plan a PoA get-together at the Marriott Livonia Saturday evening!

Edit: Oops, I just realized that this isn't the Red Bull thread! Well I guess it is now. Sorry!:redface:

Keep me posted. :yes:

I have a feeling that traffic at the border will be HELL to pay. :mad: :hairraise: :mad: :eek:

Keep me posted. :yes:

I have a feeling that traffic at the border will be HELL to pay. :mad: :hairraise: :mad: :eek:

This is why I was thinking that it may be better to have dinner after the races in Winsor. The problem I've been told is that 75 is under major construction. I think taking 96 to the bridge/tunnel may be best (is 96 part of the 75 mess Dave?) which would mean it would be best to meet up at Grant & Leslies hotel (near Laural Park Mall) and go from there.

And Grant, Thread chreep is expected and is a sign of a good thread...

This is why I was thinking that it may be better to have dinner after the races in Winsor.

Which EYERYONE else will be doing. :(

The problem I've been told is that 75 is under major construction. I think taking 96 to the bridge/tunnel may be best (is 96 part of the 75 mess Dave?) which would mean it would be best to meet up at Grant & Leslies hotel (near Laural Park Mall) and go from there.

I'll be checking for last minute updates, but I think your ides is not a bad one. Who's driving, I don't think anyone would want to ride in the back of my truck. :no: I've been hauling some nasty stuff hahahaha.

Just tell me when and where to meet up. I'm thinking 1D2 Missa? I know you'll be close and I think I can find it.

Don't forget to bring picture ID for customs.

Last edited:
Back