Starting the PPL course

rchamble

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
rschamblee
I am planning to start the PPL course Mid Feb to First March. I live in Southaven, Ms (just outside of Memphis) and wondering if any guys in this area have advice on flight schools or instructors. I have gathered information on Olive Branch and Downtown aviation and both seem reputable.

Any advice from previous students is greatly appreciated!!

I did my training at Olive Branch and really enjoyed it. The prices seemed a little high, but they are that way everywhere in this area. Feel free to PM me if you want more information and if I can be of any help in any area, please ask. I can be there for mentoring or just talk with you about what you are going through.

I am in a partnership in a Piper Cherokee there at Olive Branch. I'm also a student pilot, having just passed the IR written test this week. I've been flying for a couple of years and most of my flying is with my wife to North Carolina for our kids and grand-kids or to Florida to see our family.

I would also recommend you visit www.purpleboard.net, there are a few of us from this area on that bulletin board.

Welcome to POA there are some really good folks here and you will find an answer to any question you may have. They are nice here and no question is a dumb question. Ask away...:D

By the way, my name is Wayne if you are a worthy PPL candidate you will be able to figure out my last name.:)

Last edited:
Back