Star Trek/Wars crossover film

When Star Trek (the TV show) was originally pitched to the networks way back when, it was turned down because the network in question told them that they already had a "sci-fi" show in the works. That show was "Lost in Space." At least for me, Star Trek, especially the original Rodenberry vision, stands pretty much alone. Combining Star Wars with the original Lost in Space would be a better fit.

Having said that, the remake of "Lost in Space" as a series on Netflix was surprisingly good. WAYYYYYY better than the original.

Love Star Trek. Really an original series guy. With fondness for most of the older movies. Did like and liking more TNG. The off shoot series -yuck. even come to like the newer movies attempt to define the characters more.

love Star Wars. Not so much the newer ones.

Try to do a mash up of both with be sci-fi heresy!! Makes me sick to think about.

Having said that, the remake of "Lost in Space" as a series on Netflix was surprisingly good. WAYYYYYY better than the original.

it had promise, but ran out of steam half-way through season two, over-relying on shoot-em-up fight scenes. I still have no idea what was going on in the last episode of season two. And a horse loose on a space station? A horse? Seriously?!

They did do a good job of making Dr Smith even more unlikeable and treacherous than the original.

This would be like the girlfriends meeting each other. Some chance it would be very awesome but most likely tragic and cause for lots of regret.

I always thought a Star Trek/Battlestar Galactica crossover would be interesting. Star Fleet coming to help against the Cylons, the Borg allying with the toasters, etc.

Ron Wanttaja

Star Trek/Battlestar Galactica
A much more likely mash up than the Star Wars / Star Trek crossover.. since both BSG and Star Trek at least exist in the realm of universe that sees "Earth" as its home

The Borg is the ultimate sci fi villain.. I can just picture Palpatine and clan trying in vein to use the force with the Borg.. "resistance is futile, you will be assimilated" .. epic line.

Star Trek and BSG (2004) aren't just sci fi though.. they capture very well human nature and the human psych. Admiral Adama was a proper bad a$$. Up there with Picard and Kirk. Star Wars doesn't have any really "smart" characters. Just about every character in Star Trek and BSG had good development and storyline, something that Star Wars was always thin on, especially the Kathleen Kennedy abominations.

I think Star Trek and Scooby Doo would make a great crossover.

Brainiac Velma as Spock, jock Fred as Cpt James T. Kirk, fashionista Daphne as communications officer Nyota Uhura, hippie Shaggy as Bones, and Shaggy's highstrung, talking Great Dane, Scooby-Doo voiced by George Takei, climb into their green Starship, the Mystery Machine Enterprise, and go where no man has gone before in search of weird phenomena to solve. And even when Scooby and the gang aren't actively searching for them, mysteries just have a way of falling into their laps. Ruh-roh...Tribbles.!!

A much more likely mash up than the Star Wars / Star Trek crossover.. since both BSG and Star Trek at least exist in the realm of universe that sees "Earth" as its home

Since the whole purpose of the "rag-tag fugitive fleet" was to FIND Earth, what would be more logical? The remnants of the Caprican fleet, harried by Cylons with Galactica's Vipers covering, encounters a Federation patrol vessel. Star Fleet whistles up some support while trying to figure out what's going on. Cylons insist THEY'RE the victims, are actually the true humans, etc.

Technology mix is interesting. The Federation doesn't use one-occupant fighters like Vipers (although they seemed to appear in the Discovery 2nd season finale), so you've got almost a WWII vibe of "battleship admirals" vs. the brown shoes. It's expected the initial Federation response would probably be swarmed by Cylon Raiders. To save time, Star Fleet will probably start licensed production of Vipers.

The Cylon and Borg alliance would be difficult. The Borg will want to assimilate the Cylons, who rebelled because the humans were trying to treat them as soulless drones without rights.

Ron Wanttaja

I think Star Trek and Scooby Doo would make a great crossover.
Legendary Star Trek story.

About the time Gene Roddenberry was making "Where No Man Has Gone Before," the second Star Trek pilot, one of the Scooby characters was down on his luck and homeless. Roddenberry took him in.

One day, Roddenberry was out of the house when the set dressers from Paramount called. They were building Kirk's tombstone for the finale scene. "What's Kirk's middle name?" they asked.

And Scooby-Doo said, "Riberious." That's why the tombstone reads, "James R. Kirk".... :)
Y4iZ6-1487871993-7888-list_items-trekdetails_jamesrkirk.png

Ron Wanttaja

Wait! Wait! WAIIIT! I'VE GOT IT!

Get NEO and the MATRIX crew involved!

That's the ticket!

Oh, and while we're at it... Please start feeding mayo to tuna....
(Obscure movie reference, that I vaguely remember)

I asked the following question of my genetics students:
Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 2.27.21 PM.png
Some complained. Killjoys.

The Cylon and Borg alliance would be difficult. The Borg will want to assimilate the Cylons, who rebelled because the humans were trying to treat them as soulless drones without rights.
In an odd way, this would have been an easier storyline plot than the existing Cylon civil war thing they explored in BSG. At least with the Borg there could be a common enemy. Though, in principle, the Borg and the Cylons share some common themes the Borg's assimilation needs would be incompatible with Cylon psychology, as you point out

Star Trek was absent of faith and religion. Something that both Star Wars and BSG explored, though in different contexts. BSG had the 12 colonies and the Lords of Kobol and Star Wars had "the force". Star Trek has neither.. so seeing Picard grapple with Gaius and the Six, would have been cool. I also would love to have seen a riddle debate between Gaius and Q

Back