Stanley Cup Finals

I'm happy for Caps fans, they waited a long time for this. As a Royals fan I know what that's like.

I'm happy for Caps fans, they waited a long time for this. As a Royals fan I know what that's like.

Agreed on both counts. The whole series was fantastic, and the 3rd period tonight was about as action packed as it gets. Even the clock disappeared for a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having grown up just miles from the Cap Center prior to it was built (and the Bullets were still playing in the Baltimore Civic Center), it's been a long time coming.

Best part of the after game celebration. Many of the player's wives and kids had replica jerseys of their father/husband. Lucca Carlson wore a jersey with his father's number (74) but the name said "DADDY."

I saw that woman in the background but didn't catch the flash. My sister was in the stands there, but it doesn't look like her :)

Woohoo - great game refs! Way to go!

Yeah, thought this one was pretty good. I still think the sweeping of the leg was intentional on the first VGK goal, but it worked out anyhow.

Having grown up just miles from the Cap Center prior to it was built (and the Bullets were still playing in the Baltimore Civic Center), it's been a long time coming.
Ya, I'm old enough to remember that. I still remember before the Caps that there were the Baltimore Clippers... (one game we went to see, the marquee was advertising the upcoming Jefferson Airplane Show....)

As a fan who has been with the team since 1974, I am so thrilled. Alexander Ovechkin is the King Arthur I always hoped would come to Washington and bring the Holy Grail of all sports -- the Stanley Cup. Easily the most beloved player in hockey history (with perhaps the exception of Gretzky). No one loves the sport more, celebrates more and is as fun to watch as our captain. By the way Mueller -- WE LOVE OUR RUSSIANS!!!!

As a fan who has been with the team since 1974, I am so thrilled. Alexander Ovechkin is the King Arthur I always hoped would come to Washington and bring the Holy Grail of all sports -- the Stanley Cup. Easily the most beloved player in hockey history (with perhaps the exception of Gretzky). No one loves the sport more, celebrates more and is as fun to watch as our captain. By the way Mueller -- WE LOVE OUR RUSSIANS!!!!
I'm starting to be a little less happy for caps fans after reading that.

My wife had to go to bed at puck drop, and I knew I would not be able to stifle cries of joy or consternation during the game. My son had to work. My daughter and her friends were going out to watch but didn’t want an old man tagging along. So I decided to be “that guy” and went to 7th Street downtown DC by myself to watch outside the arena. What initially were glances to the creepy old guy all by himself in a sea of twenty somethings became new friendships that would last all of two hours with lots of elated yelling and hugging as the end started to reveal itself. It was a blast, great game to share, very glad I did it. CAPS baby!

Back