Standard width kitchen faucet with pull down spout.

Crashnburn

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Crashnburn
Looked for these in both Kohl’s and Home Repot No joy. Also not on Amazon. Any ideas? Thanks

Most these days are single hole.

otherwise, 8” for kitchen, 4” for vanity.

We are on our second Delta Essa pull-down faucet. My wife likes it for the touch on/off functionality. If only the kids would stop turning it off manually, that feature would work better, I guess. At any rate, it has a pull down sprayer (stream or spray, selectable) and there is an escutcheon in the box if you are installing in a standard three-hole sink/counter instead of a one-hole setup. I ordered the current one off Amazon, as it was slightly less expensive than Home Depot and Lowes, they seem to have them in stock presently. I think they also make a non-touch version.

The only reason we bought a new one is our (ha!) 2020 COVID project was to replace the old kitchen counters. That quickly snowballed in to a whole-house remodel that still isn't quite done. You simply can't have gutted the kitchen, put in new cabinets, counters and appliances and re-use the old faucet. Or, so I was informed. In the grand scheme of things, that couple hundred dollars was pencil shavings.

Ours came from a plumber’s supply store that caters almost entirely to contractors, although they will sell to retail walk-in customers.

I've always bought fixtures from a plumbing supply store. The ones I've seen in box stores are mostly plastic crap.

They all come with a plate that makes it a standard width to cover the unused holes. You want a pull down? It all works through the middle hole.

...and comes with a soap dispenser to fill the pull out sprayer hole:)

Read the reviews or otherwise check to see if the sprayer setting stays on or if you have to hold the button. One we got you had to hold the button to spray, it was a PITA!

...and plumbers supply also specialize in builder grade crap!

No joy as in they’re out of stock or they don’t carry what you want?

Get the motion activated vs touch. Keeps the faucet cleaner if you don't have to touch it with dirty hands. ;) And get Cambria countertops to hold up that fancy motion-activated faucet. :)

Those pull-out faucets are slow to deliver the water. There's a check valve in the head that prevents suction of dishwater into the water system if the system pressure fails and goes negative when houses at lower altitudes use what water is left. It's an anti-siphon device mandatory in most places for anything that could possibly pull contaminated water into the system. That check valve severely restricts the water flow. We had one and replaced it with a conventional faucet.

I just installed a Moen with a pull-out. it had a plate to cover the 3-hole, or it can be used as a one-hole. It has a switch that gives a stream or a "shower", the switch stays as I last left it.
Those pull-out faucets are slow to deliver the water.
Mine works well enough, same flow as other faucets in the house. It works as a kitchen faucet should.

Get the motion activated vs touch. Keeps the faucet cleaner if you don't have to touch it with dirty hands. ;) And get Cambria countertops to hold up that fancy motion-activated faucet. :)
If he gets new counters and an under-mount sink then he wouldn't have to worry about any standard width. Over course he'd need a new macerator and back splash so these things are best saved for when he needs to spend AMU's, you know trade the SO some kitchen upgrades for flying stuff:)

Sensors in the faucet? No way. I haven't gotten around to putting a new battery in my truck's key fob for 3+ years.

If he gets new counters and an under-mount sink then he wouldn't have to worry about any standard width. Over course he'd need a new macerator and back splash so these things are best saved for when he needs to spend AMU's, you know trade the SO some kitchen upgrades for flying stuff:)

Sensors in the faucet? No way. I haven't gotten around to putting a new battery in my truck's key fob for 3+ years.

3+ years? You sound like the perfect lazy candidate for a motion activated faucet.

Everything on Earth is solar powered. ;)

I get your point, since fossil fuels were the result of photosynthesis, and wind is driven by solar inputs, and so forth.

But there’s nuclear power. The presence of uranium in terrestrial planets does not owe to the sun itself.

And geothermal, which is largely driven indirectly by nuclear decay of heavy elements like uranium, so again it doesn’t owe to the sun.

I get your point, since fossil fuels were the result of photosynthesis, and wind is driven by solar inputs, and so forth.

But there’s nuclear power. The presence of uranium in terrestrial planets does not owe to the sun itself.

And geothermal, which is largely driven indirectly by nuclear decay of heavy elements like uranium, so again it doesn’t owe to the sun.

Where did the uranium come from? Some distant supernova, which was once someone else’s solar power? And how did the Earth form? Solar gravity? ;) The Earth coalesced from debris pulled into orbit around Sol. It’s molten metal core is the result of the sun’s gravitational effect on that loose collection of space junk, whether it’s geothermal, synthetic thermal underwear, uranium or geraniums.

Yeah, but that still makes our sun effectively the gas station attendant as far as fusion nuclear power goes. I used to tell kids that effectively everything is really nuclear power. The sun is just a big reactor.

As far as faucets go, I just have a standard high arc faucet, no pull-down. I switched from a low faucet to make it easier to fill large containers. Between those two, there's a noticeable delay in switching from cold to hot or vice versa because of the volume of water between the mixer and the outlet. Maybe 3 more seconds? A pull down would make that longer, unless it's mixing at the end, and that extra delay would be annoying to me.

I think an auto-sense faucet would be great in a bathroom, and I love them at work, to avoid getting the handles dirty. But in a kitchen it seems not an advantage to me, as I'm changing temp at least as often as I'm turning the thing on and off.

I nominate this thread for the Thread Drift Emmy Award. I can do that because it’s my thread.

I'm sure we can come up with threads that had much more signficant drift (edit: even excluding threads that went off into sensitive or bannable directions - is bannable a word?)

(note that I'm not disputing an OP's right to make any claim he or she wishes...)

I'm sure there are threads that have drifted more, but going from kitchen faucets to discussing solar power is a pretty good drift.

Also, I think you were trying for ban-able.

It's good to make the tires squeal a little bit now and then.

Back