Stable IFR Platform

I'm just quoting this to show Mooney drivers are clueless. At 6-3 and some change and 195lbs, I am nowhere in need of a diet. It is the 6'-7" wingspan and the wide shoulders that make it an issue. But seeing that you've had the plane 60 hours and are still behind it, I can understand why you are having trouble comprehending.

Jelly, jelly, jelly. ...and what clue-ful pilot bird are you flying?

Jelly, jelly, jelly. ...and what clue-ful pilot bird are you flying?

Piper Comanche. More room, more range, more useful load, and about the same speed. I'll gladly spend 10 bucks more an hour in fuel to not have my elbow jammed into my ribcage. Plus, when I'm solo, I can stretch out the 36" inseams I have. Can't do that in a Looney.

Piper Comanche. More room, more range, more useful load, and about the same speed. I'll gladly spend 10 bucks more an hour in fuel to not have my elbow jammed into my ribcage. Plus, when I'm solo, I can stretch out the 36" inseams I have. Can't do that in a Looney.

My inseams are a short 34", more than enough room. I still don't understand the elbow in the ribcage, must have been a Mooneymite or you have a peculiar anatomy. Anyway, enjoy your Piper, not a Mooney of course, but a good bird nonetheless.

C and J models. They just aren't made for guys with wide shoulders.

I had a Super Viking for a decade... I still miss it even after 10 years gone.. Excellent hard IFR platform, that I shot ILS approaches to minimums, here in the nasty Great Lakes weather machine...

I have rented a Comanche 260 a number of times, great airplane especially if you want 6 seats... I have not flown it in hard IFR, but just fooling around on the gauges it seemed good...

If I were going back into a single retract, it would probably be the Comanche - just because the wood spars on the Vikings are getting long in the tooth and are difficult to test for internal defects... If it were not for that, I would go back to the Viking...

denny-o

A Super Viking just isn't a Super Viking unless it has a moss green velour interior.

:vomit:

:D

Back