St. Louis, MO pilots...

Cpt_Kirk

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Ted Striker
The radar looks nasty, obviously, but are conditions there as bad as they seem to be? I scrubbed the 0600 departure because of this line. However, the METARs and TAFs aren't exactly reporting conditions like I think they should with a system of this size (green and blue vs red and purple).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,021.5 KB · Views: 36
Don't know what you're flying but I wouldn't be out flying in it right now. Lots of lightning & heavy rain. We've prolly picked up over an inch in the last hour.

Don't know what you're flying but I wouldn't be out flying in it right now. Lots of lightning & heavy rain. We've prolly picked up over an inch in the last hour.

A36 Bonanza with just about every bell and a whistle you could imagine.

Coming this way you could always set down, let it pass, then continue...if you have two or three hours to spare.

The storms might likely strengthen once the sun comes up though.

We didn't. The guys had a meeting in the a.m. It would have been an easy scrub had I not seen a few conflicting reports. One of the pax is a nervous flyer. I was worried more about the possible leg back.

I'll just enjoy this coffee and lay in bed the rest of the morning.

Last edited:
Do you come into CPS regularly?

If so, give me a day or two notice and I'll fly up for lunch. Pretty good little restaurant on the field.

Do you come into CPS regularly?

If so, give me a day or two notice and I'll fly up for lunch. Pretty good little restaurant on the field.

Occasionally. I'll be sure to let you know next time. It may be the Bonanza again or the PC-12 and I'll show you around either one. I've never been to the restaurant on the field. We always go to the BBQ joint down the road. Whatever works.

If you get caught in a tornado, can you consider that spin training?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back