St. Johns Arizona

dogman

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
dogman
I will be taking a dog back to its owner around the 16th of July.

Kansas city area to SJN Wondering if I should go south across New Mexico or any Good routes across Northern half?
Straight tail 172 180hp cs\prop.

Also looking for things to see or do in the area while out there.

Jon

I did a leg from Lubbock TX to St. Johns on the way home from Gaston's.

I'd suggest going as far south as Albuquerque but don't see a need to go any further.

Go as early in the day as you can, the afternoon monsoons have started.

Joe

Pretty much direct should be fine. Jog a little south to miss the Sange de Cristos NE of Santa Fe. Las Vegas LVS then direct SJN.

I am in saf right now, flew up this am all the way across the state from the south....we went real low and watched the beautiful idylic scenery flow my.. JG says it looks like the world's biggest golf course (the green and flat areas). Still a smidge of snow on the tallest peaks.

I did a leg from Lubbock TX to St. Johns on the way home from Gaston's.

I'd suggest going as far south as Albuquerque but don't see a need to go any further.

Go as early in the day as you can, the afternoon monsoons have started.

Joe

Thanks for the help I plan on leaving 5 am and should be there around 11am. Barring any bad head winds.

Jon

Pretty much direct should be fine. Jog a little south to miss the Sange de Cristos NE of Santa Fe. Las Vegas LVS then direct SJN.

Thanks for the route i take a look at it.

Jon

I am in saf right now, flew up this am all the way across the state from the south....we went real low and watched the beautiful idylic scenery flow my.. JG says it looks like the world's biggest golf course (the green and flat areas). Still a smidge of snow on the tallest peaks.

I have heard it is pretty My wife is excited to go.

I got grounded there one Saturday due to weather, while enroute from KABQ to KIMP (Imperial). The guy who runs the FBO in St Johns (if he is still there) was really nice to me. He let me toss my sleeping bag in the pilots room for the night, and let me use a crew car as necessary to run into town (about 5 minutes away) for food.

I made a point of stopping in for fuel again on my return trip, just to show my appreciation. He heard me calling in on the CTAF, and he came out from his basketball game to help me out. I think he also said he was a volunteer fireman.

I will certainly stop in there again, if the need arises...

Back