SSSC proudly presents: another first solo!

rottydaddy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
beaky
Congrats to South Side Soaring's youngest member, Cameron Bauer (age 14) who flew his first solo in our SGS 2-33 yesterday at 47N!
Just a pattern hop from 1500 AGL, in light wind. Air was stable with a high overcast- perfect for a first glider solo.
Did a great job, which was no surprise to any of us. He said afterwards that he was pretty nervous, but you'd hardly know it to watch that launch, tow,approach and landing!
After a perfect landing, he said he was done for the day, but quickly changed his mind and did another one... :yes:
It's great to have some young blood in the club; the excitement is infectious. It's also great to see a youth really work hard to meet a challenge.
We are all proud of him, as is his very supportive family. Way to go, Cameron!!! :rockon:

Coming in for a nice landing:

attachment.php

With tow pilot Mike (aka Turbo) and instructor Herb (of the infamous "Trunk Monkeys"):

attachment.php

He'd bought a new shirt, fully expecting to get it cut and autographed, but I don't think he expected... THIS!! :D
The water was very, very cold... :devil:

attachment.php

Attachments

• camsolo02.JPG
    camsolo02.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 53
  • camsolo03.JPG
    camsolo03.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 52
  • camsolo07.JPG
    camsolo07.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 52
Way to go Cameron. It was my pleasure to tow you up on your first solo. A day we will both remember for sure. Great job, I'm very proud of you.

Mike G

Congratulations Cameron! I want that paint job on everything I fly. Now.

Back