SSRIs

U

Unregistered

Alright, here we go. I'm hoping to get a 3rd class medical. I've never had an FAA physical. I started taking an approved SSRI several years ago and I stopped taking it about 6 months ago. Here's where it gets dicey.

I'm not taking it now, so no need for a special issuance. However, for a brief period of time I took another medicine in conjunction with the SSRI (supposed to "help" the SSRI). Honestly, I don't remember what it was. Without going to get my medical records, I can't remember what it was. It may have even been a sample packet and not a prescription. I know I didn't take it for long, I would guess approximately a month. This was several years ago, not long after I started taking the SSRI.

On the page about SSRI special issuance on the FAA website, it reads: the applicant does not have history or symptoms of: Multi-agent drug protocol use (prior use of other psychiatric drugs in conjunction with SSRIs.)

I'm not trying to hide anything, but I'm confused. Are the requirements of that page ONLY to be eligible for an SI, and not pertinent to my situation since I'm no longer taking an approved SSRI? Or do I need to throw in my towel? Anyone know what's up? Is this a deal breaker?

Double post :). Bruce already replied on the other one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back