SSRI's and SI - FAA Press Release

This might go a long way on the Catch-22 for SP...get a SI, let it drop, fly forevermore on a DL medical.

(mods thsi is a duplicate from the other string http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35244 )

NO NO NO. Even AOPA's outside contractor for eBrief, got it wrong.

SSRIs are only okay in one limited instance: that of chronic simple depression (never manic) in remission, when on a single low dose agent (one of the four permitted) and stable for a year. Lots of hoops to jump through.

Read the Notice, it's in today's Fed Register, but is also here. Read particularly pages 10 and 13. If you post questions that are on these two pages, I will whip you mercilessly with a noodle for having ADD and limited reading comprehension.

I'm currently busy fending off all the fringies at the red board. Sigh.

Attachments

• SSRI.pdf
    46.4 KB · Views: 216
LOL, poor Dr. Bruce. You really are one dedicated individual.

As for the press release itself, I double-checked the date to make sure it wasn't an April Fool's joke. But no, it appears to be genuine.

It's good to see FAA is at least sticking one wary toe into the enlightened waters of the 20th Century, seeing as how we're now in the 21st. Modern treatment of depression, I am told, is one of psychiatry's greatest achievements. And these SSRI drugs have done wonders for some of my friends.

-Rich

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back