SR22TN - 500 ft announcements

USAF-LT-G

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
USAF-LT-G
I have an older version of the Cirrus, SR22TN that has the dual 430W, Avidyne PFD/MFD, with the Lynx L3 NGT-9000 system installed.

When I’m coming in on approach, I always get a nice voice audible of “Five Hundred” when I’m 500 AGL. I have NO idea what system is generating that prompt. I’ve googled and can’t seem to find the info either.

I was trying to see if there was a way for it to have callouts at 50,40,30,20,10 just like the big airlines have which would be super useful for Situational Awareness at night. But I can’t figure out which system is actually generating this to find the appropriate manuals.

anyone know or have similar experience?

I have an older version of the Cirrus, SR22TN that has the dual 430W, Avidyne PFD/MFD, with the Lynx L3 NGT-9000 system installed.

When I’m coming in on approach, I always get a nice voice audible of “Five Hundred” when I’m 500 AGL. I have NO idea what system is generating that prompt. I’ve googled and can’t seem to find the info either.

I was trying to see if there was a way for it to have callouts at 50,40,30,20,10 just like the big airlines have which would be super useful for Situational Awareness at night. But I can’t figure out which system is actually generating this to find the appropriate manuals.

anyone know or have similar experience?

An airliner requires a radar altimeter to get those 50 and so on callouts. I’m guessing you have eTaws enabled on the Lynx so maybe that generates the 500?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My GNS480 does the 500 call out when you're flying an approach. It also says "missed approach" when you overfly the missed approach point.

My GNS480 does the 500 call out when you're flying an approach. It also says "missed approach" when you overfly the missed approach point.

So does the GTN, just the 500 though, I miss the 480 missed approach and approach established (can’t remember the actual term now) fallout.

Back