SR-71 Flight Manual

wbarnhill

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iEXTERMINATE
http://jalopnik.com/5532546/how-to-fly-an-sr+71-blackbird/gallery/

500x_sr-71_flight_manual_1.jpg

In case you were curious. Apparently the manual is over 1000 pages, so the site doesn't have the whole thing, but still, interesting :)

It looks like www.sr-71.org is supposed to have the full manual available for download, but I'm having a hard time getting it to work. Definitely would like to read through it, though, that would have to be quite a read. Stalls, spins, and inverted flight strictly prohibited - yeah, I would think so. Can you imagine a spin at Mach 3.2?

It looks like www.sr-71.org is supposed to have the full manual available for download, but I'm having a hard time getting it to work. Definitely would like to read through it, though, that would have to be quite a read. Stalls, spins, and inverted flight strictly prohibited - yeah, I would think so. Can you imagine a spin at Mach 3.2?

I can imagine individual parts spinning at mach 3.2 after they were shed from the plane...

There's a guy that used to be a member of our local IAC chapter that is the highest time Blackbird driver on the planet, Tom Allison. He was the IP on the Blackbird for about 13 years and had an endless array of stories to tell about his and others adventures in the plane. It's interesting that this plane still represents the pinnacle of mission capable airplane performance and yet, it's all declassified now. Kinda makes me wonder if we're on the back side of our evolutionary curve...

or it makes you wonder what is out there that is still classified.

Right. The SR-71 "represents the pinnacle of mission capable airplane performance" of all aircraft without a functioning cloaking device.

Impulse Power then Warp Drive. Buying Dilithium Crystal futures as I type.

:D

Nah, flux capacitors and Mr. Fusion. That dip in the market? Someone mucking about with the time-space continuum. :D

Back