SR 22 down

You don't rmrmber one because you haven't been in one. When nothing goes bad, you don't hear about it.

I've actually been specifically searching for them a while back.

I've actually been specifically searching for them a while back.
unless you were there to see it or know someone who was, how do you search for something of which there is no written record ?

unless you were there to see it or know someone who was, how do you search for something of which there is no written record ?

News travels fast these days, there is always some kind of written record. Does not necessarily have to be an NTSB report.
Look at this crash for example, it was posted on the forums the day when it happened.

...there is always some kind of written record. Does not necessarily have to be an NTSB report...
No, there's not. I have a comanche 180 in my other hangar right now that an aquaintenance of a friend dead-sticked into our field. Zero paper.

Basically if it's an uncontrolled field and there is no insurance claim, there is likely no record. As it should be.

I can now see why the gear folded with a sideload.. Beautiful plane... For a catastrophic oil failure I would have thought there would be more oil stains around the cowling... Nice to see the Cirrus and the chute worked as advertised..:yes:

Cirrus would make one sexy retract:yes:

Agreed...:yes:

They say the fixed gear is very aerodynamic and does not add too much drag but without a prototype that is truly a retract, there is to way to quantify that statement... Glassair's, Lancair's and other composite experimentals have been able to to tuck the gear into thin wings so the excuse that Cirrus can't is hard the believe..:dunno:..

I would bet they could pick up 15-20k knots with a slick retract...:yes:

They're working on it. It's called Vision. It will have a chute, but a different powerplant.

image.axd

No, there's not. I have a comanche 180 in my other hangar right now that an aquaintenance of a friend dead-sticked into our field. Zero paper.

Basically if it's an uncontrolled field and there is no insurance claim, there is likely no record. As it should be.

Now there is, you just said it. Everything else works the same way, people talk about it. It doesn't have to have an official NTSB report for me to hear about it. :)

Now there is, you just said it. Everything else works the same way, people talk about it. It doesn't have to have an official NTSB report for me to hear about it. :)
match that to a particular airplane

I would rather sit here and read about people bit**ing about the Cirrus pilot's decision to pull the chute than the other fatal accidents in non-cirrus airplanes, where it wasn't an option, but might have worked. Which have been a to many recently and all suck. While other's might not like the chute, I love it. My only issue is that you cannot get one in a six seater! Until the Cirrus Jet is released... and I'm saving everything I got to get one......

Back