SquawkLog Maintenance Software Released!

BigTex

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Gary
All,

We are proud to announce the release of SquawkLog version 1.0a! The only release designed for the Part 91 aircraft owners.

For our first few launch customers we're offering $50 off of the regular price for the next 30 days. To take advantage of this offer, use coupon code: launch50 This is for a limited number of users so don't wait.

To purchase go to our website and select the Buy Now button on the home page. Our website is: www.squawklog.com

If you'd like to try it first, we have a demo version that you can try. The direct link to the demo version is: SquawkLog Demo

If you have any questions, please email us at: SquawkLog Information

Regards,
Gary

Looks like a standalone program, not web based, right? Does that mean it only works on Windows?

That's correct, the first release is windows based. There's an iPad/iPhone companion app under development that will allow easy collection of hours, squawk and any other maintenance related items while with your aircraft.

SquawkLog Website said:
4846 S. Lockheed Lane
Denton, TX 76205

Howdy Neighbor! Likely have flown over your house quite a few times.

If you ever want any help or ideas to port this to windows 8 and the app store, I'm more than happy to talk things over.

May I suggest you make it web-based? I'd be interested if it were.

May I suggest you make it web-based? I'd be interested if it were.

Hi Jesse,

We deliberately made the decision to not make SquawkLog a web application. We feel it is important to offer a solution that your data on resides on your PC. Not some misterious server in the cloud. That way you don't have to worry about folks using your data for other means.

You purchase the software once and that's it. No monthly fees.

Regards,
Gary

Hi Jesse,

We deliberately made the decision to not make SquawkLog a web application. We feel it is important to offer a solution that your data on resides on your PC. Not some misterious server in the cloud. That way you don't have to worry about folks using your data for other means.

You purchase the software once and that's it. No monthly fees.

Regards,
Gary

Understand and appreciate that. Personally I'd much rather the data be in a location that is accessible from all my machines on all my platforms (a web application). As to the data most service providers do a much better job backing up data than the average A&P or aircraft owner. For the paranoid you can offer a data export.

Just some opinions :)

Understand and appreciate that. Personally I'd much rather the data be in a location that is accessible from all my machines on all my platforms (a web application). As to the data most service providers do a much better job backing up data than the average A&P or aircraft owner. For the paranoid you can offer a data export.

Just some opinions :)

And web-based would allow those of us that don't use Windows to use your product.

That's kinda why I asked. Its been a while since I've seen someone write something that wasn't web based. It seems to make the most sense, as the built-in cross platform capabilities increase your potential audience by quite a bit.

Back