Spur of the moment trip to GSO -- which FBO

wpierce

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
wpierce
So, I can't let this gorgeous weather go without a trip to see the grand-kids. After some posts a while back about GSO and whether or not they have a landing fee, I've decided to fly into there instead of INT and check them out. It's only 10 miles from GSO to the kids.

My question is for those of you that have been there, which FBO should I be a vagrant at? There are a lot of comments on AirNav about Atlantic and only 3 about Landmark, but all are positive.

Any advice for a first timer into GSO?

So, I can't let this gorgeous weather go without a trip to see the grand-kids. After some posts a while back about GSO and whether or not they have a landing fee, I've decided to fly into there instead of INT and check them out. It's only 10 miles from GSO to the kids.

My question is for those of you that have been there, which FBO should I be a vagrant at? There are a lot of comments on AirNav about Atlantic and only 3 about Landmark, but all are positive.

Any advice for a first timer into GSO?

I've been there -- both are top notch FBOs, but IMHO Landmark seems to lean more towards smaller, GA traffic.

That's a totally unscientific perception based on a few visits, but Atlantic was where all the NASCAR jets were.

:dunno:

So, I can't let this gorgeous weather go without a trip to see the grand-kids.
Wayne, I don't have a helpful response for you, but I hope that you and Rebecca have a great flight, and a wonderful time with the grandkids. :) I'll be looking for the photos on your Facebook page. :yes:

Both FBO's are good.

Well I posted this on all the boards and it looks like Landmark it is. I called them and they said first night is free with fuel purchase and they are located at the base of the tower, so even I should be able to find them
biggrin.gif

The other times I flew over I stayed with Landmark at INT and they are good folks, too. Just a little further away from the kids at High Point.

Called my daughter and found out there is some kind of 24 hour bug going around in the Greensboro area and she has it and both kids had it yesterday. I hope it's gone by the time we get there, or that could be one bad flight coming home
angel.gif

Back