Sporty's Pirep

aggie06

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Aggie
I ordered a bunch of charts with 2 day shipping, mostly so I would have the San Francisco sectional before my trip to Napa this weekend. Well something happened and they didn't get them to me in time. They've already refunded the entire purchase. If only other businesses were as good about customer service as Sporty's. Thought I'd share in case someone was on the fence about ordering from them.

You didn't get the charts you ordered and they refunded your money. If that is good customer service I have a bridge to sell you cheap. :nono:

I'm curious as to why they didn't get to you in time?

I've recently had a different experiences with Sporty's so wondering if just me or maybe something starting to slip.

I ordered a bunch of charts with 2 day shipping, mostly so I would have the San Francisco sectional before my trip to Napa this weekend. Well something happened and they didn't get them to me in time. They've already refunded the entire purchase. If only other businesses were as good about customer service as Sporty's. Thought I'd share in case someone was on the fence about ordering from them.

So.... Where did you get the maps /charts, in time for your trip ??

Yes it was a matter of getting them on time. I think this is a USPS problem because the package is now on a truck for delivery.

I'll be picking up the SF sectional at Napa Jet Center where I will be renting a plane to see Napa and the city from the air. Maybe I'll have something to contribute to the daily pic thread today. It's not the worst thing to go to the airport early and stare at fancy planes while I look at the paper map for the first time. Before anyone gets upset about me not preparing enough, I'm taking a local instructor and have already studied the map on the Nexus. I just do better with paper in the cockpit.

No EFB? (FF, WX, GP, etc)

I have GP but I love paper charts for quick reference to airspace altitudes and the like while airborne, and as a backup in case the tablet stops working. I had the nexus go out on me once on the ground. Don't want that to happen in the air.

Yes it was a matter of getting them on time. I think this is a USPS problem because the package is now on a truck for delivery.

I'll be picking up the SF sectional at Napa Jet Center where I will be renting a plane to see Napa and the city from the air. Maybe I'll have something to contribute to the daily pic thread today. It's not the worst thing to go to the airport early and stare at fancy planes while I look at the paper map for the first time. Before anyone gets upset about me not preparing enough, I'm taking a local instructor and have already studied the map on the Nexus. I just do better with paper in the cockpit.

Very smart move sir....:thumbsup:

Back