sporty's ifr dvd kit

mmilano

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Mike Milano
just wondering if anyone has purchased this. my cfi told me to get the jeppeson instrument book, .. but i like videos too.

Mike,

I bought it in prep for the written and it was good. I used the gleim book to supplement this with test questions and it worked out well. I am looking to sell it as I have passed the IR checkride, and don't need it now. Let me know if your interested in it.

Thanks
Ron

mmilano said:
just wondering if anyone has purchased this. my cfi told me to get the jeppeson instrument book, .. but i like videos too.

For instrument, I used King for the written test prep, and the instrument flying handbook and FAR/AIM for learning and checkride prep.

Funny, for PP I bought just about everything under the sun (Jepp books Gleim books, King, etc.), for the instrument, just what was needed to get the job done.

in my expeience, I have found that the DVD courses depend on what you want. With the kings, you will get the questions, answers and explanaitions. Period. quick and to the point. as well as boring.
With Sportys, you will get the questions, andswers and explanations, although you may have to look for these, since they are bundled into their course with alot of extras. extra footage, aviation talk, experiences, etc.

So if you have the time and enjoy watching DVDs for hour and hours. get sportys. If you just want the facts, and learn as quickly as possible, go with the kings.

again, this is just my opinion.

For my instrument I was forced to by the Cessna Cleared for Approach course. It was good to see the manuevers demonstrated but is not much of a test prep.

I did try the King test prep but I did not like and sent it back. BTW they dod give me the refund. I then bought the Jep Inst/Com text book and the Gliem test prep. I liked that a lot and ended up with a 96 on the exam.

Although you did not ask but I'll offer anyways. I did again use the Gliem for commercial with the Kircherner Advanced pilot book. got a 98 on that test. I am thinking of getting an AGI and will use the GLiem to take the exams.

Back