Sporty's G1000 Course?

cocolos

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
cocolos
Any pireps on sporty's g1000 course? Or any other recommendations for g1000 training? thanks!

Any pireps on sporty's g1000 course? Or any other recommendations for g1000 training? thanks!

It's pretty good actually! I will sell you my copy if you want to save 50% of King's price. Just send me a private message.

I have a cheap sim ionic app for my ipad that works well. Just watched a video on youtube about 6 times. Hour long. Read thru the garmin book. Played with my sim app and flew the plane. Did have a transition instructor for about ten hours. Mainly to learn new airplane for insurance. I love the g1000 though. Took me awhile to get good at it. Was nice to be able to put the scenario in the sim on ipad and get more comfortable with it.

The Sporty's G1000 course is excellent, and I believe it comes with a copy (or download) of the Garmin Trainer.

The King course is so, so.

The Jeppesen course is excellent also, but it's is more of a static (animations of the screen with voice prompts) CBT.

Lastly, there is an online course by Flying Like the Pros. It is an outstanding supplemental course for G1000 IFR proficiency.

Yes, I own them all and recommend the Sporty's course.

(800+ hours PIC in my G1000 equipped 182 and 206)

Cool thanks I will give it a try.

The Sporty's G1000 course is excellent, and I believe it comes with a copy (or download) of the Garmin Trainer.

The King course is so, so.

The Jeppesen course is excellent also, but it's is more of a static (animations of the screen with voice prompts) CBT.

Lastly, there is an online course by Flying Like the Pros. It is an outstanding supplemental course for G1000 IFR proficiency.

Yes, I own them all and recommend the Sporty's course.

(800+ hours PIC in my G1000 equipped 182 and 206)

Give www.Garmin1000.com a try. Only $39 and a full money-back guarantee of satisfaction.

They are right...they do have a full money back guarantee...I got my money back the same night I ordered it! Not a great course if you know the system at all...and not in depth enough to be proficient at the G1000...it is just a good overview course if you are starting out from zero time then gonna go spend a bunch of time with a CFI on the G1000.

Did have a transition instructor for about ten hours. Mainly to learn new airplane for insurance. I love the g1000 though.Do they have experts trainer for every category.And how will it take the new student cats up for every lesson.

Don't forget...there are any number of planes in Flight Simulator X and X Plane that have full functioning G1000 panels. That's how I learned the Cirrus Avidyne. Nothing like "flying" a virtual plane that has a working version of the entire glass environment! Even the Garmin 430's interface correctly with the map on the MFD. Cheap, too!

Don't forget...there are any number of planes in Flight Simulator X and X Plane that have full functioning G1000 panels. That's how I learned the Cirrus Avidyne. Nothing like "flying" a virtual plane that has a working version of the entire glass environment! Even the Garmin 430's interface correctly with the map on the MFD. Cheap, too!

My major complaint with all of the 'consumer' simulators for the G1000 is that while they pretty much look and behave like the G1000, they don't feel like it. They don't have the knobs and buttons. When I was learning, I often found myself fumbling to remember which soft-key push or which knob to turn (or combination of both) to accomplish what it was I needed or wanted to do.

Sure, I know there is a way to activate a leg in the flightplan, now if I could just remember which knob to turn and then is it the inner knob or outer knob? Or is it a turn of the inner knob and then a softkey?

In the end, it's all about muscle memory.

Back