Sporty's Customer Service

Don Jones

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
DJones
I am impressed. After reading Troys post about the Garmin prices I almost choked. My wife had just bought me the GPS496 for my birthday less than a month ago from Sporty's. I figured it was worth a shot so I called them. They are refunding $400.00, no quibbles, nada. That is what I call terrific service. They are often higher priced than other pilot supply stores, but it might be worth the extra for service like this!!

That's good [and a bit surprising to me] to hear Don. I've only had marginal customer service when dealing with them. They were also very slow to take any actions when I dealt with them which is why I only buy a few products from them per year and keeps me in the airplane drawing too.

Glad to hear they're treating you well though.

My Sporty's SP-200 Nav/Com handheld started acting up once (I couldn't get it to turn on), and when I called them up they didn't even ask when I'd bought it - Just said to send it in and they'd send me a new one.

Like anywhere, it probably depends who you deal with, but I've met Hal Shevers and he's a very nice (and very smart) guy. I'm sure that official policy is to be as helpful as possible...

Back