Sporting bit of breeze, eh?

Chip Sylverne

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Quit with the negative waves, man.
Came back to FDK yesterday afternoon after an ARF flight to MGJ. Wind 17kt gusting to 22 right down rwy 30. Only 30 hadn't been plowed yet, only 23. Kicked out the crab a couple hundred feet above touchdown. Had the Cherokee's rudder up against the stops, wing low, right down the centerline. Feeling and looking good. Then the nosewheel touched. :yikes:Yowsa! Got her straightened out before we went into the snow bank, but it was quite the rodeo there for a sec.

Anyway, all totalled there are another 15 or so pups off to forever homes. Including one gorgeous female Dobie i would have had to pry away from my wife had she come along.

Good fun.

Congrats on the ARF flight and not scratching up the paint. Wind has a way of making flying interesting.

Nice work on the save!

I'd love to be able to fly dogs someday...

What type of crates do you use?

Tim

Nice work on the save!

I'd love to be able to fly dogs someday...

What type of crates do you use?

Tim

I have two lightweight plastic ones rated for dogs about 40 lbs. Removed the rear seats, and they fit in perfectly side by side, and can fit a smaller one on top and another in the hat rack if need be. When transporting only one or two dogs, I just lay out an old moving blanket and clip their harnesses to a loop on the floor. They usually curl up and fall right asleep for the duration of the trip. It's a lot of fun, and a great excuse to burn some avgas.

Back