Sport Pilot training manual

poadeleted20

Deleted
Anybody got any rants or raves about any Sport Pilot training manuals? I'm working with a guy for his SP ticket, but have no idea what good books are out there. I'm looking for something along the line of Bob Gardner's "Complete Private Pilot," but limited to Sport Pilot knowledge. An accompanying syllabus would be nice, too, as that would save me some work.

And now would be a good time for Bob to tell me his "Complete Sport Pilot" book is just off the presses...

Ron,

We've been using the Gleim Sport Pilot package. Pretty good reference materials and a good syllabus. 11 for 11 good check rides so far.

Our Able Flight students get the Sporty's DVD written test prep. Mixed results but all have passed the first time so far.

hope this helps.

We've been using the Gleim Sport Pilot package. Pretty good reference materials and a good syllabus. 11 for 11 good check rides so far.
Gleim puts out great reference material for a classroom course, but it's not always so good as a stand-alone training manual.

I'm interested in the subject as well. Especially if it also covers tailwheel for sport pilots.

Ryan

I'm interested in the subject as well. Especially if it also covers tailwheel for sport pilots.
I wouldn't think there's any significant difference in either the relevant rules nor the techniques between LSA's and other light singles as regards TW issues.

I wouldn't think there's any significant difference in either the relevant rules nor the techniques between LSA's and other light singles as regards TW issues.
Fair enough, but it would be nice if it was in a package for LS. Personally I'm using a book I'm really happy with, I'd just like to see it all in one manual for the student who might go jump in several different LS aircraft.

Ryan

Back