Sport Pilot Checkride scheduled

aanderson81

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
aanderson81
My student journey is coming to a close finally. I have the date and time for my checkride (hopefully I am not jinxing myself with weather or other delays now).

January 11th should be my checkride.

I've had a few mock checkrides and they all have gone quite well. The only area that is "passing but not great" is soft field work. So I am going to make sure that I put a little extra practice into those. I even had a go around that seemed to impress my instructor.

We had a gusting headwind that went to calm and lead to a bit of a bounce that I didn't like on the landing and decided to go around and my instructor was quite quiet until I made the radio call and I mentioned "Yeah, I could have probably applied a bit of power and recovered with how much runway we had, I just didn't like the feel of it" and his reply was yeah, could have recovered, but it wasn't the wrong choice to go around and that he was more quiet because how seemless I did the go around and that if it was recorded it could have been used as a training video on how to do that in that plane.

So that made me feel quite a bit more ready.

You are in luck that is my birthday. So for my birthday relax have fun and ace your ride.

Ace the check ride, sport! Uh I mean ace the sport check ride, ace! Just pass the mutha, will you ?!? Sheesh.

Back