Spitfire

Palmpilot

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Richard Palm
I just watched "Spitfire - The Plane That Saved the World." It was a very nice documentary, featuring interviews with pilots who flew them during the Second World War. The last day to watch it on Netflix will be April 30th.

[Edit: I noticed that the same documentary is available on IMDB (which is available through Amazon Prime TV as well as directly online), under the title of just "Spitfire."]

Last edited:
Here is one back home that was doing a fly by of all the hospitals as a tribute to all the health care workers, stopped at old airport for fuel - late 2020 issh6D761AA3-DADC-46ED-B47D-B2DA9012A5D1.jpeg

Photo credit : Tom Keating

Yeah I just watched it a few nights ago as well. Bought it on Blu-ray. Excellent air to air footage.

A year ago, my wife and I were in the process of planning a trip to Duxford aerodrome to see the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Britain airshow to be held in September 2020. And then... well, you know the rest of the story. :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Google " The Original Spitfire Surprise Low Pass" language is NSFW - still classic

YouTube will not allow linking to it

Astonishingly enough the pilot, Ray Hanna, died of old age at the age of 77 after a lifetime of flying.

Edit, from the Youtube comments

You wanted a low pass? I thought you said mow the grass.

upload_2021-4-7_16-48-49.png

Last edited:
Back