Spin Zone Removed - 3 Day Hiatus

You lost me here. Can you please point to anything I said that could have been interpreted as stating I was ungrateful and think SZ is a right?

I'm sorry, Scott. I fired a shot across the bow and never came back to finish the conversation.

You called me on it, and I've gone back to read the posts...and you're right. You didn't come across as ungrateful until you were talking with Jesse. It wasn't happening throughout the thread. At least not from you. Others did come across as very ungrateful for the work that the MC was putting forth and were attacking the MC rather than taking the opportunity to reflect on the point of the conversation. As for your posts, Scott, the only thing that I didn't understand was you taking on Jesse. He funds all hosting out of his pocket every month. His posts didn't really contain any bitching. For the most part his comments were simply in support of the MC and their hard work. He's never spoken of the costs involved in hosting the site until he was asked in this thread, which is why I took his posts as less of a complaint and more of a statement. But regardless of the content of his posts, I think he has earned the right to inject his opinion into the conversation without being confronted. And not only because of his monetary contributions (which total close to $2000/year), nor because of the time that he puts in maintaining the infrastructure, but simply because of his tenure on the board and the time and energy he has put forth getting to know everybody by traveling to PoA events. I'd venture to say that there are very few people on the board that have traveled to as many PoA events as he has. That should count for something. And as I pointed out in my earlier post, for as much of your day as you spend here, I'd think that you, of all people, would appreciate his efforts more than what came across in your posts. But that's just my $.02...and that's never counted for much.

On another topic, I respect Frank immensely after his posting re: Slappy. As adult males, it's never easy to admit fault and apologize, but it is the sign of a true man. Kudos to you, Frank.

Last edited:
Back