Spin Zone Removed - 3 Day Hiatus

Did you notice the 17 pages so far?

Well, what the he## else do you expect us to do? We're SUFFERERING!!:D

Slap's post reminded me of other fireworks on this board. We certainly went through a phase where any discussion of a FAR, no matter how nitpicky, eventually turned into a heated personal confrontation. No names, but I'm sure folks remember. It's not just the SZ where emotions run strong (but obviously it's a lot more frequent in the SZ).

PS - Kudos to you, Frank.:cheerswine: You too, Slap.:rolleyes::D:cheerswine:

And for us newbies, where was the Spin Zone?

You have to go to your User ControlPanel and click on group membership and Join Group for it to show up (assuming it gets turned back on).

A lot of political talk was going on there for some reason or another :dunno:

When (if) SZ returns, will all the old posts still be there, or will they be purged in order to have a clean slate so that old scabs won't be scratched into bleeding sores again?

Sorry for the imagery there.....:vomit:

Let's see, if you were running this show and didn't have to spend any time refereeing no-win peeing matches and everybody was being civil to each other, what benefits would you be able to show for providing another kiss at the pig?

It went TU on 9/2 so it should be up any time now, assuming it will be back up.

Let's see, if you were running this show and didn't have to spend any time refereeing no-win peeing matches and everybody was being civil to each other, what benefits would you be able to show for providing another kiss at the pig?

You're assuming the pig doesn't want another kiss. :D

Well, as of this post there were 174 posts with 2,310 views. A record for a forum that normally just sees minimal traffic on mundane software technical issues.

I posit to the audience that, far from being an albatross, SZ is the LIFE BLOOD of POA. :lightning::lightning::lightning: :yes:

Look at what happened to yellow then red board when they got "tough" on non-aviation posting. There's only so many "Can you slip a C172 with full flaps" questions you can ask.

It's not a male/female issue at all. I've been on boards where the majority of the posters are female and they can be equally as nasty, if not more, than our spin zone.

I'll 2nd that. In real life, or the virtual world, women don't fight fair! I've seen some forum fights on all women forums that'll make the SZ look tame.

Well, as of this post there were 174 posts with 2,310 views. A record for a forum that normally just sees minimal traffic on mundane software technical issues.

I posit to the audience that, far from being an albatross, SZ is the LIFE BLOOD of POA. :lightning::lightning::lightning: :yes:

Look at what happened to yellow then red board when they got "tough" on non-aviation posting. There's only so many "Can you slip a C172 with full flaps" questions you can ask.

But then you can talk about headsets....:D

Spin Zone will reopen tonight at 7:30. The “Spin Zone Removed” thread has been an interesting one to read, and we’ve taken the posts in that thread into account as we’ve debated how best to proceed. Thank you for your input.

Rules for posting – The rules for SZ will remain the same – there will be no minimum number of posts required. The Rules of Conduct remains in effect in SZ just like before. If you haven’t read them, please do.

Bad post reports – The MC will investigate all bad post reports and will respond to the individual making the report only when we believe the report was unjustified. If you make a bad post report you can rest assured we received it and will discuss it. Repeated unjustified bad post reports will be considered a rules violation and can result in a warning or suspension for the individual who made the bad post report. It’s worth noting that most of the time the MC only gets involved when a post is reported. It’s a rare occurrence for one of the MC to hit the bad post button, although it does happen occasionally.

Post Deletes - The MC seldom deletes posts but may if the material in the post is concerned especially objectionable. We have, on occasion, suggested that a member delete his/her own post, and will continue to do so when we believe it is justified.

Thread locks – We really don’t like locking threads, but will continue to use this option when we believe the thread is heading out of control. Normally, this occurs when several members get into the fray and one of the MC doesn’t think we have adequate time to debate the posts before it gets considerably worse.

Thread deletes – We will continue to use this option very sparingly, usually in the case of spam or when material is especially offensive.

Consequences – The MC will make every effort to be consistent in our approach and response to SZ penalties and bad post reports. We thank you for your comments and will take them to heart in and endavor to improve our moderation of the fourm.

* We will notify the offending member of the specific language in a post, and of the specific ROC violation when issuing a suspension from SZ.
* We will not notify the SZ community when a member is suspended and will not discuss the suspension publicly.
* Suspensions are not to be discussed publicly other than as a statement by the member, “I have been suspended from Spin Zone for x days/months.”
* We will hear suspension appeals – within reason.
* The suspension schedule is as follows:
o Warning - No Suspension
o First offense – 7 Day Suspension
o Second offense – 30 Day Suspension
o Third offense – 1 Year Suspension
Moderators – The MC is considering the use of SZ specific moderators who are not MC members. We will continue to discuss the merits of additional moderators but are not working on a set schedule, nor has a firm decision been made yet regarding the addition of moderators.

We believe that there should be a good deal more self-policing in Spin Zone than is now taking place. It is not always mandatory that you get in the last word, and sometimes it is best just to let what might be an offensive comment slide.

With regard to self policing: We want to encourage the SZ Regulars to point out when they feel a comment crosses the line. What we don't want to see is for SZ Regulars to start acting like self-appointed moderators. So, if someone makes, for example, a personal remark about another poster, it's ok, as a first step before using the Bad Post report, to say something like, 'Gustav, comments about other posters here are inappropriate. You need to keep to the topic to support your arguments, and not attack other members.' However, a response to a personal remark like, 'You better stop insulting other people or I'm going to report you and get you banned' would be inappropriate.'

Enjoy the Zone.
Chuck (Greebo)
Ron (Ron Levy)
Adam (Adam Z)
Chip (gibbons)
Bill (wsuffa)
Mike (mikea)

Look at what happened to yellow then red board when they got "tough" on non-aviation posting.
We have a "non-aviation" forum, "Hangar Talk". It is not in any danger of removal. This only concerns the Spin Zone, which is for, shall we say, contentious non-aviation discussion topics.

I'll 2nd that. In real life, or the virtual world, women don't fight fair! I've seen some forum fights on all women forums that'll make the SZ look tame.

Thirded.

Considered taking up hockey when women's hockey was slated to become an Olympic sport; but, decided I didn't want to play with a catty bunch of mean-spirited girls. OUCH!

Y'all get a break, cause it's not 7:30 yet, but I just finished mowing the lawn and need a shower and don't feel like sitting here in my own sweat waiting 10 more mins.

Spin Zone is open.

Y'all get a break, cause it's not 7:30 yet, but I just finished mowing the lawn and need a shower and don't feel like sitting here in my own sweat waiting 10 more mins.

Spin Zone is open.
Thanks! To you and the rest of the MC. :cheerswine:

Spin Zone is open.
Let the party begin! :D

MC Hammer... I mean...

MC Guys... Thanks for the good stuff ya do for the rest of us! :cheerswine:

Whoa, I don't like that idea one bit. The air is stratified enough outside the SZ, we don't need any elitism in the SZ. There was already a whole bunch of us that were labeledbe as not worth meeting in this very forum if memory serves, and we sure don't want to be booted off just because we aren't one of the "cool kids".

Frank, I don't think that Kent is trying to make things stratified and I don't mean to speak for him but I think what he is saying is that while some of us can get testy with eachother on the boar once we actually meet in person we usually find so much in common and enjoy the pilot comraderie so much that future on line communications would natrually be more cordial. Of coures attendance at a fly should certainly not be a requirment for any participation.

Frank, I don't think that Kent is trying to make things stratified and I don't mean to speak for him but I think what he is saying is that while some of us can get testy with eachother on the boar once we actually meet in person we usually find so much in common and enjoy the pilot comraderie so much that future on line communications would natrually be more cordial. Of coures attendance at a fly should certainly not be a requirment for any participation.

Nope, a deal is a deal. If you're gonna talk the talk you gotta walk the walk. Attend designated fly-in, submit DNA swab. Also provide stool sample, urine specimen and sperm count. Or just send a pair of briefs.

Nope, a deal is a deal. If you're gonna talk the talk you gotta walk the walk. Attend designated fly-in, submit DNA swab. Also provide stool sample, urine specimen and sperm count. Or just send a pair of briefs.
Adam is very experienced in briefs!

MC

For all the crap you get, and flush without comment, good on you.

Enjoy the Zone.
Chuck (Greebo)
Ron (Ron Levy)
Adam (Adam Z)
Chip (gibbons)
Bill (wsuffa)
Mike (mikea)

Thank you gentlemen for your years of service to aviation, not just this forum.:cheerswine: A special thanks for Chuck. Newbies may not realize just how much POA is the product of his vision and dedication. :cheerswine::cheerswine::cheerswine:

I prefer to levitate rather than salivate.

Back