Spiders ???

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
Anyone out there got a good remedy for spiders??

I just got a 415 in for renovation in that’s crawling with the %&*&*&$^& critters. I just don’t look forward to being on my back on the floor boards and having 3 or 4 of the critters crawling down my neck.

Whatever I use must not corrode aluminum nor craze plastic. Oh and it must kill the little critters dead—dead—dead.

Thanks

Paul
N1431A
2AZ1

There's mother-F-ng spiders on this mother-F-ing plane!

Where's Samuel L. Jackson when we need him? ;)

Sorry, no good solutions for you, that was just too good of a setup to miss. :D

No-pest strips set out every 3 feet, or fog the plane with insecticide.
Air out well before flight.
Might have to repeat weekly for a month til all the eggs hatch out.
Hopefully an....arachnologist (don't bother an entomologist about this) will come by with more details on their lifecycle.

I would do a test on scrap alclad and some 'glass - soak with the spray to see if any deterioration is noted before using in plane.

Anyone out there got a good remedy for spiders??

Spiders are really hard to kill with insecticide. Best remedy is to target their food source. Once you eliminate those bugs, make sure you keep your airplane sealed as best as possible when parked (the guy in the hangar next to me constantly finds black widows and brown recluses in his plane, and he also leaves the door wide open to keep the inside of the plane aired out).

In the interum, to get rid of existing spiders while preventing damage to sheet metal, the glue traps are the way to go.

May be a silly question, but is there a rule against using chemicals in certified aircraft due to unknown interactions?

As if there's an FAA-Certified insecticide.

May be a silly question, but is there a rule against using chemicals in certified aircraft due to unknown interactions?

As if there's an FAA-Certified insecticide.

Is this a marketing opportunity?:goofy:

Co2 Fire extinguisher(s) should do the trick.

Ha! And you had me thinking I'd brain-child(ed) a new process

Those glue mousetraps attract spiders incredibly well. When I used to use them for mice, we'd get about 50 spiders for every mouse.

Absolutely correct. Lots and lots of glue boards - everywhere. Stick them in inspection plates with yarn attached. If the population is that large buy cases online (there small cases). You can cut them in half, but be forewarned, the good boards are mad sticky. They even sell the glue in qts etc to make your own. For spiders, glue boards are far more efficient than pesticides.

Back