Spelling bugbear on the homepage quotes

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
"Avaitors live life one hour at a time"

its been driving me nuts for over a year.
Pleeease?

Let'sgoflying! said:
"Avaitors live life one hour at a time"

its been driving me nuts for over a year.
Pleeease?

It'd be nice if we could edit the quotes somehow, some of them aren't quite correct.

We can, if the issues are pointed out to us. :)

Let'sgoflyingits been driving me nuts for over a year. Pleeease?[/QUOTE said:
I think that's why they did it, Dave... they knew it would drive you crazy!

I'm a spelling freak too, so it bugs me as well. I find it funny that one of the most commonly misspelled words is 'misspelled' (people write 'mispelled').

Anyway, it may not be right for me to do so, but I make purchasing decisions based on spelling, at times. If I find two comparable vendors, and one's website is full of spelling errors and inconsistencies, and the other is professional, spelling is accurate, grammatically correct, I'll most often choose the latter. I feel the attention to detail in the one area will most likely pour over into the others.

Thanks. You know how it is. Most of the time you are too busy to notice or care, then you get a half hour of free time to get worked up about 'nothin'!
(oops, hope my 'vernaculars' are seen as spelling errors!)
Yes Troy, I am like that too: One of my pre-employment tests involves some written answers -also I have them put a list of words in alphabetical order. The hiring pool is way too small to filter people on this basis but it does provide some humor from time to time! OMG; I almost used a to instead of a too, just now!! Y'all have a fine Sunday!

Ftify yares ago, an ex-soochlmeatsr celald Geoffrey Willans sat dwon to wtire a book aubot a scoohlboy. In fcat, Willans wnet one beettr tahn taht, and dcdeied to make it seem as if the book wree wttiren by his scoholboy, Nigel Molesworth.

Steve said:
Ftify yares ago, an ex-soochlmeatsr celald Geoffrey Willans sat dwon to wtire a book aubot a scoohlboy. In fcat, Willans wnet one beettr tahn taht, and dcdeied to make it seem as if the book wree wttiren by his scoholboy, Nigel Molesworth.

AHHhahhAHhhhAHAHH! Make the bad man stop!!! :)

Back