Spell Checker Problem

Maverick

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Jean
I've noticed this once in the past and it's doing it again now. When I bring up the spell checker it works fine up to the point where I click finish, then it just hangs and does not update the message body text with the changes that were made inside the spell checker itself. When this happened before it seemed to correct itself but now this behaviour is back.

For the record I'm on Windows 2000 and using Firefox v 1.0.6.

Jeannie

Interesting - I wonder if anyone else is having this problem.

First thing I recommend is the usual cache cleanups - delete temporary files and such. I'll try to find out from the spellchecker people if there are any known issues with FireFox and their product.

Greebo said:

First thing I recommend is the usual cache cleanups - delete temporary files and such. I'll try to find out from the spellchecker people if there are any known issues with FireFox and their product.

I did the cache clean up thing. I really need to do that every time I exit the chat room otherwise the icons and such don't work the next time I go in.

I've also noticed that the smilies are not animated any longer on my machine at home. They seem to work ok on this machine at work and I'm using the same browser and version. It could very well be something with my Firefox installation at home. Something may have gotten corrupted.

By the way, the spell checker is also working fine on this machine at my office. So, it has to be something with the one at home. I'll get into it more tonight and see if I can figure out what happened.

Jeannie

Greebo said:

First thing I recommend is the usual cache cleanups - delete temporary files and such. I'll try to find out from the SpellChecker people if there are any known issues with FireFox and their product.

I'm also using Windows 2000 and Firefox. Preparation of this message has been mined with errors; will be right back.

HR
EDIT: In Greebo's post it changed spellchecker to SpellChecker(option); didn't recognize FireFox; and caught all my other intentional errors.

Last edited:
By the way, the spell checker is also working fine on this machine at my office. So, it has to be something with the one at home. I'll get into it more tonight and see if I can figure out what happened.
Oh good, then I can just blame it on you and ignore the problem!
:blowingkisses: :D :rofl: :rofl:

I haven't had that problem, but maybe a half dozen times I've been offered a SpellChecker popup with nothing in the memo field. In other words, my message wasn't displayed in SpellChecker and there was nothing to check. When I close the SpellChecker window and reopen it my message appears.

Back