Spell Check issue?

Missa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AsGoodAsCake
Just wanted to let you know, in case it's a bug in the system.

I experianced a failure of the spell checker. After starting a new thread and typing in my message. I tried to spell check it (as I NEED to always do) and it told me there was nothing to check. I then posted the thread and went back to edit, and tried the spell checker agian and it found two words mispelled.

Kinda made me scratch my head and say huh. :confused:

Missa
-the master mispeller

Last edited:
Thanks for reminding me of this - the spellchecker needs to be updated to work with the new version of vBulletin.

Hopefully I can resolve it today...

Although I just tried it and for me it loaded up what I typed, but then did not update it... interesting...

Greebo said:
Thanks for reminding me of this - the spellchecker needs to be updated to work with the new version of vBulletin.

Hopefully I can resolve it today...

Although I just tried it and for me it loaded up what I typed, but then did not update it... interesting...

No problem, if ya don't know about the issues you can't fix 'em.

More info, when I replied to an post it would find the quoted text but not my typed text.

Missa

I think you'll also find that even when it finds spaelling earoors, when you say "finished", it doesn't fix the typed text... :/

Greebo said:
I think you'll also find that even when it finds spaelling earoors, when you say "finished", it doesn't fix the typed text... :/

Yep, starting to notice... and getting heckled about it too. :rolleyes:

Missa

Missa said:
Yep, starting to notice... and getting heckled about it too. :rolleyes:

Missa
LOL Missa i wasnt heckling you, I said spell check chuck because i wasnt sure if my two big words were correct..defribulator and flabbergasted..LOL

Michael said:
LOL Missa i wasnt heckling you, I said spell check chuck because i wasnt sure if my two big words were correct..defribulator and flabbergasted..LOL

I though you were heckling my spelling of handi-caped... I guess I've just been heckled enought in the past to get defensive about it.

Ofcourse when I re-read handi-caped I couldn't help visulizing a mooney handily decked out with a superman cape. :)

Missa
-at least now I have an excuse to not be speeled rite... : )

Well I know what the issue is - the method for determining whether or not you're using the wysiwyg editor has changed.

Now to test if the NORMAL editor spell checking works.

Ok, spell checking using the NON WYSIWYG editor is functional.

So if you want to use the non-WYSIWYG editor, go into User CP - Edit Options and scroll down near the end.

I'll let you know when we get the WYSIWYG version working.

Back