Special Student!

BoButt

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
BoButt
My wife luckily trained what might be an instructors dream student.on time, driven, prepared, lots of home simulator time.
Now a PP, took his family for an evening ice cream run. Returning, a biologic need required unplanned stop. Being absent night currentcy he took the time to add fuel and wait for the hour then did his three stops and departed into a clear red moon sky. Got ATC to let him wander around the Class B , altitude his discretion told no one else was flying to enjoy the view.
I suppose an example of good Karman, being rewarded for not skipping or fudging the rules.

I love it when a plan comes together.

I had a student like that once for instrument and commercial. Easiest ratings I ever gave!

I don’t understand why is this special? The new private pilot did what the regs required and what he was trained to do. It happens everyday with both the special and not so special students.

I don’t understand why is this special? The new private pilot did what the regs required and what he was trained to do. It happens everyday with both the special and not so special students.
For once, we agree. :eek::D

We're ALL special, dude.

You've obviously never instructed before! :D:D

You've obviously never instructed before! :D:D
Or maybe my students have a better outcome than most other instructors.

But knowing and following the night currency regs and having enough fuel is a rather low standard for special.

Well, I think I am pretty special…

latest

For me, the "special student" part was the
on time, driven, prepared, lots of home simulator time
part which made my instructing job easy, not the part where they became a responsible pilot. The end result here definitely shouldn't be special or we aren't really training people to be safe, competent pilots.

I have done exactly this. Did my three night takeoffs to a full stop landing before I would take on a passenger.

Back