Special Needs Fly-in

Shipoke

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
shipoke
Well Saturday May 2nd is apon us and i'm keeping my fingers crossed for good Wx. We didn't get to fly the kids last year hopefully this year will be better. Everyone cross your fingers for good Wx for us.
Dave G:blueplane:

Well we ad it and in the mornib=ng when i got there it was drizzling , but it CLEARED UP and we got to fly the kids. I did 9 Flights and flew 8 kids,5 adults and 1 dog. The search and rescue dogs where there and the lady asked if i would fly one of them so she would now how he would act if tey had to fly to a rescue. He was Fine ,sat in the back seat and looked out the window. Thanks for those that kept their finger crossed for good Wx .
Dave G

Thanks for doing this, Dave. I'm sure the kids will remember the day for a long time!!!

-Skip

Well we ad it and in the mornib=ng when i got there it was drizzling , but it CLEARED UP and we got to fly the kids. I did 9 Flights and flew 8 kids,5 adults and 1 dog.
That's great Dave! :) Did you get any pictures?

YAY DAVE!!!!! I bet you were exhausted afterwards eh?

I bet the kids will remember this for a long time. :)

Well Diana,i didn't take any pictures but i'm sure someone did and if i geet them i'll post them. But here is a collage of the other year. BTW this was the 17th year we have done this fly-in, and we only had 1 year we didn't fly the kids and that was last year. And thanks again for the intrest
Dave G.:blueplane:

Attachments

• collage1-low-res.jpg
    collage1-low-res.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 20
Dave, I recall you telling me that your first GA flying started at an event benefiting children of special needs, and it is absolutely awesome that you remain committed to such service, yourself. Good karma, there!

Thanks for sharing.

I thought you'd get some time in the air. It cleared up pretty well for some trips around the pattern at least. I recall last year was a total wash for you. Its good you had it on Saturday rather than yesterday!

That's awesome!

Did you do this at Capital City?
Yes we did. And next year i expect you to be there too.
Bob Ciotti was supposed to be there but as he says HE FORGOT.
It is always the first Saturday in May.
I got a Email today and it said we did 440 take off and landing in 5 hours
And yes adam i'm glad it was Saturday and not Sunday.

It was a Nice thing the rain stoped right before we had the pilots meeting.

Last edited:
Yes we did. And next year i expect you to be there too.
Bob Ciotti was supposed to be there but as he says HE FORGOT.
It is always the first Saturday in May.
I got a Email today and it said we did 440 take off and landing in 5 hours
And yes adam i'm glad it was Saturday and not Sunday.

It was a Nice thing the rain stoped right before we had the pilots meeting.

I'll be there :)

Who would have thought there are special needs dogs that want to go flying. :rofl:

That is a very nice thing you did. Well Done!

Well there are Special Need Dogs. There was three of them there this year 1 was Deaf and Blind,1 had something wrong with it's back legs and they made him a wheelchair, the other one couldn't walk at all. But the dog i flew was a Search and Rescue Dog ,they wanted to know how he would react if they had to fly him somewhere.He Did just fine he layed on the back seat and looked out the window.

Back