Special issuance for 3rd class medical

Finally got a response from FAA on medical. After 13 months got back a letter of denial. Ironically I was going to an HIMS AME appointment to get started on what I would need to do for substance abuse in case the FAA wanted . Trying to second guess them. The first 2 denial response letters had a list of additional information they wanted. Sent that information in to them . This time the AME called the FAA and basically I need to start over again. Ask for reconsider and wait for them to respond. I t seams they want you to quit trying.

Denial or deferral?

If you already had a denial letter the first time I don't think you'd have gotten letters 2 & 3. If it's a another deferral you're still in the game.

Denial or deferral?

If you already had a denial letter the first time I don't think you'd have gotten letters 2 & 3. If it's a another deferral you're still in the game.
This was a letter of denial. I can still request( I am sending today)reconsideration . Starting from scratch again? In my reconsideration request I did ask what future information they would require

Sounds like the additional information you sent didn't help your case. It's important to have docs who understand what the FAA wants and can identify the probability of the FAA accepting what you have. You probably should have had a HIMS AME submit the paperwork when you found out there was a problem, the HIMS AME would have made sure you had a chance.

Sounds like you need to try again, but it won't be cheap, easy or even possible. So it really depends on how bad you want it, figuring out how to satisfy the FAA, then spending the money and trudging through it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back