Speaking of Youtube videos...

Radar Contact

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Kevin
Here's my newest...hopefully I don't make @midlifeflyer cringe! :)

A trip to my buddies farm and a bit of farm shenanigans on the back side. Glad I wasn't in the soup IFR when I accidentally turned off my avionics master! There was at least one mistake for @Sinistar poll.

Here's my newest...hopefully I don't make @midlifeflyer cringe! :)

A trip to my buddies farm and a bit of farm shenanigans on the back side. Glad I wasn't in the soup IFR when I accidentally turned off my avionics master! There was at least one mistake for @Sinistar poll.
I doubt it. Remember, I'm a CFI, so it takes a lot to make me cringe. There are actually very few who do.

Although I have to admit, although it ultimately doesn't matter the "with you"s do make me wince, but only as much as "uhhh..." ;)

Although I have to admit, although it ultimately doesn't matter the "with you"s do make me wince, but only as much as "uhhh..." ;)
I hear you Mark. I had some terrible verbal pausing on that one. Need to fix that for sure! Reminds me of this...

I hear you Mark. I had some terrible verbal pausing on that one. Need to fix that for sure! Reminds me of this...
I'm kidding. If we had to criticize aver "uhh" or "and..." at the beginning of a transmission, that's all we'd spend our time doing! (When I put "uhhh" and "with ou" in the same sentence, I'm thinking equivalency :D, both content- and harmless-wize )

The part I laughed about most was when you turned off the avionics master. I haven't done that version, but, I did manage once to forget to turn on the ALT on the master and lost comm inside of the Orlando Class B :D

I'm kidding. If we had to criticize aver "uhh" or "and..." at the beginning of a transmission, that's all we'd spend our time doing! (When I put "uhhh" and "with ou" in the same sentence, I'm thinking equivalency :D, both content- and harmless-wize )

The part I laughed about most was when you turned off the avionics master. I haven't done that version, but, I did manage once to forget to turn on the ALT on the master and lost comm inside of the Orlando Class B :D
I know you were kidding, I didn't realize it till I finished editing it and watched it through. Annoyed myself. At least my ATC transmissions were solid... of course minus the "with you". :)

That was a first for me in this plane or any other. I'm glad it happened in nice VFR as I usually have my headset chord in that area. Now I place it in a different spot to avoid that again. You can imagine the suck if you had a complex route dialed in the GPS'es and I would have been in the soup when it happened. All the more reason to get a new autopilot whenever one of these promising new ones ever gets STC'ed for my plane. At least now we've answered that the G5 AI still works fine without GPS input...now just need to takeoff with both pitot tube covers on and verify it without that input. ;)

Back