Sparrowhawk baffling help!

Lisa Breuer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Lisa
Hi everyone. Does anyone out there have drawings or good photographs they can show me of sparrowhawk baffling? I've converted my 152, but airmod did not send me drawings with the kit that they sold me. I literally for $450 got a large envelope with a bunch of sheets of aluminum in it cut into various shapes. And yes, I bought all the sparrowhawk STC stuff, when the engine was being overhauled they did the cylinders and all that. The overhaul shop did not provide me with any baffling though, I've had to go straight to airmod for that. Nothing is labeled, there are no drawings at all. This is a school airplane that has been down for several months now, I'm starting to get a little bit desperate to get this thing flying again! Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you from Idaho

Hi everyone. Does anyone out there have drawings or good photographs they can show me of sparrowhawk baffling? I've converted my 152, but airmod did not send me drawings with the kit that they sold me. I literally for $450 got a large envelope with a bunch of sheets of aluminum in it cut into various shapes. And yes, I bought all the sparrowhawk STC stuff, when the engine was being overhauled they did the cylinders and all that. The overhaul shop did not provide me with any baffling though, I've had to go straight to airmod for that. Nothing is labeled, there are no drawings at all. This is a school airplane that has been down for several months now, I'm starting to get a little bit desperate to get this thing flying again! Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you from Idaho

PM me an e-mail address and I can send you RV-10 baffle drawings. The general concept of a set of baffles should be similar.

PM me an e-mail address and I can send you RV-10 baffle drawings. The general concept of a set of baffles should be similar.
I don't know how to pm...I'm new here. Any quick advice? I'm not seeing anything that indicates how to pm you. Are you on Facebook? I can pm you through my flight school page maybe?

If you are on Facebook, please go to Snake River Flying Club. I can find you there.,thanks in advance!

It looks as though the drawings are part of the STC kit:

Why wouldn't the baffling be the same as the old engine. If memory serves me correctly the conversion was a propeller and piston upgrade, not a cylinder change. Is the old baffling in such poor condition you can't trace it onto the new aluminum or re-use it?

Why wouldn't the baffling be the same as the old engine. If memory serves me correctly the conversion was a propeller and piston upgrade, not a cylinder change. Is the old baffling in such poor condition you can't trace it onto the new aluminum or re-use it?
I believe that improved baffling was required to keep CHTs in check.

Hi Lisa, I have the drawings for the Sparrowhawk baffling, but I have no sheets of aluminum. Perhaps we can help each other? (rlsargent@yahoo.com)

Does anyone know where to find the Sparrowhawk conversion kit for a Lycoming O-235 L2C engine?

It looks like Ken Blackman passed away and I can’t find anything on it.

Thank you

Back