Spark plug wires?

Digital meters that use very tiny measuring currents sometimes get wildly high and inconsistent results, while my old analog meter gets a steady, reasonable reading.

Sorry, sir, I don't buy that from both a theoretical AND practical standpoint. Ohm's Law doesn't distinguish between massive and very tiny currents. R=E/I is valid from below picoamps to above gigamps. And, having used (and taught) with both digital and analog multimeters, I find the correlation between the two technologies within experimental error. When I don't, one meter or the other finds the trash bin in a jolly quick hurry.

Jim

Sorry, sir, I don't buy that from both a theoretical AND practical standpoint. Ohm's Law doesn't distinguish between massive and very tiny currents. R=E/I is valid from below picoamps to above gigamps. And, having used (and taught) with both digital and analog multimeters, I find the correlation between the two technologies within experimental error. When I don't, one meter or the other finds the trash bin in a jolly quick hurry.

Jim

Try it sometime on a used alternator.

Dan

Problem solved, if anyone's still following the original issue... dirty plug. Teeny tiny little almost invisible sliver of lead grounding the electrode... but now I know what to look for and how to fix it. I'm happy to have an A&P who's happy to show me what they're doing, what to look for, how to do it myself, and generally teach the new guy.

:yes:

Take a set of Champions and test them. The resistance is usually all over the place. Honestly, I don't know how the FAA allows them to be sold.

Brand new just pulled from the packages, URHM40Es measured:

1.345k, 1.253k, 1.025k, 1.073k

Back