Spark Plug Reconditioning

PaulMillner

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Paul Millner
>> Having trouble contacting Aircraft Spark Plug Service. Did they exit the business?

No, they're still around... I just spoke with Jeanne Fenimore; apparently they changed their phone number, and the forwarding recording has expired:

(818) 599-6139

Aircraft Spark Plug Service
16152 Valerio St
Van Nuys, CA USA 91406
aircraftplug@earthlink.net

Updated pricing: $5.50 per plug to clean, inspect, gap, bomb test, and package with a new gasket in a sealed plastic envelope, just like the new plugs arrive in. Then you'll have to pay shipping to have your lot of plugs returned to you.

They also offer reconditioned used plugs for sale...

I've been using them happily for decades now.

Paul

Reminds my of my grandpa back on the farm. Machine starts to mis-fire. Remove offending plug. Brush with brass brush. Knock electrode on a rock or other suitable hard surface. Hold up to sky to judge plug gap. Repeat until gap looks good. Stick insulator end into ground. Pour gas on electrode end. Light it on fire. After fire is out and plug cools, put back into machine. Machine runs. Lol.

Between Aircraft Spark Plug Service and Desser Tire, two of the most money-saving folks in the aircraft supply market. Right next to RST Engineering, of course. :cheerswine:

Jim

Back