Southern Maine

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
- - - photographed 14 islands on August 11, some not far from this Kennebunkport location.

HR

Attachments

• DSC06271.JPG
    21.3 MB · Views: 35
Nice picture,was up your way yesterday,to Rockland,Sanford and Brunswick. Love flying the Maine coast.

We were just up at IWI last weekend (not for the Wings over Wiscasset but a family reunion). Love Maine at that time of year.

Ron: Did you check-in with Kevin Waters at PIA in Rockland? I always do, regardless of how I arrive there. Sorry we missed connecting at Wiscasset.

Yes to the inquiry about "Bush home." That's it, have it from several angles. Early evening sunlight was challenging regarding the islands photo shoot. When we left Brunswick I almost called it off - - haze - - but by the time we passed Portland we were on the other side of moderate occlusion. Arriving back at Brunswick AFTER FBO was closed, couldn't find the gate to which we had the combination in order to get to my parked vehicle. We walked, walked, walked, finally in an open hangar door at Tempus Jets, then through a conference room to the corridor and OUT the main entrance. THEN another long walk around to the FBO parking lot. We had landed at KIWI to refuel but went to tie down at Brunswick because Wiscasset is CLOSED 0700 - 1700 during runway re-sealing and I need to get out of KIWI some daytimes this week. 1.9 hours - 15.1 gal. top-off; not bad for 3 SOB and prolonged low-level circling of photo targets.

Torrential rain occurring at this moment(NOT so severe as other parts of USA). Portland area received 3" in a 90 minute period. Clearing noonish 08/14; wheels UP(?) to head for Penobscot Bay(Knox County Regional KRKD) to photograph islands in/around that territory. Meeting at Rockport Boat Club at 6:00 with Maine Island Trail Association Board of Directors; will do other non-client aerial photography[Rockland Breakwater/Lighthouse, Samoset Hotel, Country Inn and Cedar Crest Motel(both owned by a relative), Curtis Island Light(Camden), other stuff] during mission. Bring on the sunshine!

Back