Southern Hudson Valley area airport restaurant.

Groundpounder

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Emerson Bigguns
Doing the Hudson River NYC tour tomorrow, was looking to get lunch and fuel north of the city on our way back home. The restaurant at Sky Acres is closed on Mondays, the sister ship of that restaurant at POU is closed this coming week, 121 at OXC is closed on Mondays. Any other ideas?

Are you looking to eat close to NYC, or anywhere between there and New Hampshire? If close, the only option that I can see is a little out of the way west. The Sunset Grill at Lincoln Park airport (N07). Nu-Cavu at Kobelt would have been another recommendation, but it's also closed Mondays.

If you can wait longer, as far as I know the next in line along the route is the Flying Monkey grill at Hartford Brainard. Sok's at Westfield Barnes also looks closed Mondays.

Enjoy the flight.

Are you looking to eat close to NYC, or anywhere between there and New Hampshire? If close, the only option that I can see is a little out of the way west. The Sunset Grill at Lincoln Park airport (N07). Nu-Cavu at Kobelt would have been another recommendation, but it's also closed Mondays.

If you can wait longer, as far as I know the next in line along the route is the Flying Monkey grill at Hartford Brainard. Sok's at Westfield Barnes also looks closed Mondays.

Enjoy the flight.

I'm gonna pack a lunch, and sit and eat it at Sky Acres (44N). Its much less out of the way and they have cheap gas.

A friend of mine talked a lot about a pizza place at Resnick N89.

There's a diner at Greenwood Lake as well 4N1.

In central CT there are several restaurants within easy walking distance of Goodspeed (42B).

There's a decent deli walking distance from 20N. How was the Hudson tour?

There's a decent deli walking distance from 20N. How was the Hudson tour?

We didn't go. It was nice VFR at home, but central MA and into CT had some airports with 1600-1800 broken ceilings, and I didn't want to deal with getting stuck above that, or below that. It was low-ish in NYC too, I checked the hudson river webcam and the top of the Freedom tower was in and out of the clag. But now I have a good idea of where to stop for food!

Back