Southern CA Pilots

I was waiting for someone to start up a California POA thread.

Sigh.

I fly from / hang out at the ultralight field out at the West end of your home 'drome. If you happen to see a red Tacoma parked outside of ultralight hangar #7, feel free to pop in for a visit.

I spent so much time at Thermal that they all know me as the aopa airport volunteer.

I usually park my bird there when I come in a few times a year. Don't come very other month like I did a few years ago. But I might be out there this month.

I stay in La Quinta/Indian wells area.

Lots of MYF folks here. Sounds like adult beverages and a BS session might be in order

I grew up in Tustin and learned to fly at SNA in 1976. I moved to Idaho in 1981 and found pilot's paradise. I still visit my Dad at F70, he has an Aztec and a Remos based there. SOCal was a great place to fly in the 70s but with all the airspace changes since then it makes it a pain. Don

I grew up in Tustin and learned to fly at SNA in 1976. I moved to Idaho in 1981 and found pilot's paradise. I still visit my Dad at F70, he has an Aztec and a Remos based there. SOCal was a great place to fly in the 70s but with all the airspace changes since then it makes it a pain. Don

There are VFR corridors all over San Diego. So you don't have to deal with airspaces unless you want to :)

Most of the time I fly I don't have to talk to anybody once I leave the class D. When I fly to SoCal I am always on flight following and utilize ATC and stay out of the VFR corridors. The controllers are always great and get me where I want to go. I also fly to Denver and Salt Lake ares and both are always helpful. Don

Flying DA40s out of EMT.

Me, tooooooo! Well...just got checked out in the DA40 G1000. Absolutely and awesomely slick compared to teh dumpy 172 I had been renting.

Same as smltk1.

The club there is very new, but compared to the high-volume 141 catering school and the other training/rental business that has been there a while, the guys are nice and the prices are right!

Any pireps for clubs or rental places at KCRQ? I am in the area a half dozen times a year.

Any idea what happened there?

Well the guy was doing touch and go and lost control of the aircraft (perfect weather conditions). This airplane used to be in Pacific Coast Flyers, but later last year was leased to Plus One.

P.S.When accident happened it was in Plus One fleet

I just got the sign off from my instructor to take my checkride. Has anyone used Jay Brentzel out of KCRQ? He is also president of JetSource I believe.

Also...where should my first flight with the fiance be? Somewhere not too far for her first flight.

I just got the sign off from my instructor to take my checkride. Has anyone used Jay Brentzel out of KCRQ? He is also president of JetSource I believe.

Also...where should my first flight with the fiance be? Somewhere not too far for her first flight.

Catalina Island!

Palm springs is not too far from CRQ. You could do FUL and get a cab to disneyland or knott's

Santa Barbara.... there is a nice beach front restaurant a short walk from the airport.

My wife and I went there many times when we lived in Long Beach..

Back