Southeast Michigan Pilots

hammerhorse

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Hammer Horse
Hi all,

I have a question for the southeast Michigan pilots. I'll be flying to an event at The Palace of Auburn Hills this Friday from KTVC. I'm thinking KPTK would be the most convenient.

Any FBO I should choose over others (Or different field)? Also any inexpensive recommendation for transport to the Palace?

Hi all,

I have a question for the southeast Michigan pilots. I'll be flying to an event at The Palace of Auburn Hills this Friday from KTVC. I'm thinking KPTK would be the most convenient.
For the Palace, KVLL might actually be more convenient since the most direct route from KPTK goes through the heart of Pontiac and can be slow. But KPTK is probably (marginally) closer -- I didn't measure this though, so take it for what it's worth.
Any FBO I should choose over others (Or different field)? Also any inexpensive recommendation for transport to the Palace?
At KPTK, I've used PAC, Royal Air, Flight 101, Barnstormers. No real reason to choose one over the others, though I use PAC mostly because I know them better. They all tend to be competitive with each other as far as fuel prices are concerned.

At KVLL, just be sure to get your fuel from the self-serve pumps on the EAST side of the terminal. Last I checked, JDS Pump 'n' Go was $6.49, the other was $5.79.

I've flown into KTVC a couple years ago and they offered me a free rental car for 2 hours while we went to a Festival and grabbed a bite to eat on the shore. May be worth calling to see if they still offer that service. I think it was Cherry Capital Aviation. However, I have used Harbor Air Services also. Both are nice places.

Back