South Florida Pilot

Nemico

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Nemico
Hello Everyone,

Just joined the forum. Just recently received my Private certificate. Curious if anyone else is in the South Florida area and knows of cheaper ways to fly. There doesn't seem to be too many clubs down here or at least ones that are listed online. I'm currently renting but really would love something more affordable.

I'm in northeast Florida. There are no cheap ways to fly. :) Don't really think it matters where you are either. Someone here once said (forgot who) "Flying makes a crack addiction look like a trip to the DollarStore"...

LOL. True. Although there has to be something slightly better than renting? Maybe there are some SoFla club members on here.

Welcome to the forum. You may see if there are any partnerships in your area.

Welcome to the forum, if you are on Facebook look up "Jamie Beckett "
He is a regional AOPA ambassador based in Central Florida and very active traveling around Florida helping Pilots form clubs, he may have something on the go in South Florida, he's very helpful and worth seeking out for advice.
Good luck

south Florida is huge area be more specific

Welcome! I'm a central Florida pilot. Out of KORL...

You are in prime GA territory.

Use AOPA's club finder to see what's out there. Check bulletin boards at local airports to see if some partnerships are available.

You are in prime GA territory.

Use AOPA's club finder to see what's out there. Check bulletin boards at local airports to see if some partnerships are available.

S FL "prime" GA territory? LOL Flight training has nothing to do with affordable and prevalent private ownership. That's about the last place I'd set roots as a middle income earner with intentions of private airplane ownership.

Anybody care to humor the peanut gallery and quote hangar rents in KFXE? I digress.

Back